• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League to assist lower leagues

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully they'll base it on revenues/attendances from last season (we were 7th highest in L2 on attendances). The previous season our attendances and revenues were impacted by the OG being out of action for a large part of it.
Yes. And the new away end, we were restricted to 350 away fans until this was open.

I'm sure the Club will be making sure this point is made, though I think they will use 2-19/20 anyway because of the promotion / relegation effects.

Red Bill

This money will definitely make a difference but with out wanted to put the dampers on it, what do the PL get out of this?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This money will definitely make a difference but with out wanted to put the dampers on it, what do the PL get out of this?
The Government off their back ! UTC

Red Bill

If that's all they get that's a good thing but in my opinion when gifted a horse grab hold of it and give its mouth a damn good inspection!😂

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Government off their back ! UTC
At least clubs can plan forward with a bit of certainty.

Still a huge amount lost due to a lack of hospitality during the suspension last season & this season so far.
I don’t believe the grants will cover those lost revenues

Rosencrantz

If that's all they get that's a good thing but in my opinion when gifted a horse grab hold of it and give its mouth a damn good inspection!😂
Although the title Project Big Picture is now of such toxicity it is verboten, European Super Leagues and related shenanigans with affect to the EFL are still being discussed in air freshened boardrooms. So even though this grant is not coming in a Trojan Horse, vigilance to detail will still be required.

sign of the chimes

This feels like a good outcome. I can understand the PL not wanting to gift anything to the Championship; but the finance being made available to them strikes a good balance. Equally the way the funding has been set up for Leagues One and Two ensures that well run clubs aren't penalised but those on a less stable financial footing can access addiional monies with conditions applied; and it may well save a few from going to the wall over the next few months. For the football league I'd expect the true fallout from the pandemic to happen over the subsequent 12-18 months. This funding is probably the last chance for a fair proportion of EFL clubs to take some tough decisions about what they can afford beyond this season: whatever the rights and wrongs of how individual clubs were being run prior to the pandemic it did come out of the blue - but they can't plead ignorance about what happens next.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's worth having a look at the funding we get from the Premier League. Not sure how this will change in the light of the new TV deal

iscalad

It's worth having a look at the funding we get from the Premier League. Not sure how this will change in the light of the new TV deal

Extra 100 million in the pot.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL critical of the new Premier League TV deal