• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
You said "many bleating on about Boris are only going on about cake" or words to that effect I'm saying that's nonsense. I wasn't a fan of Johnson because he lied constantly and took the **** of of the electorate. I'd be the same with any leader that did that, particularly as openly as he does.
A sad, rather inadequate man, brought up by an abusive and unpleasant father. I am far more angry about "George" Osborne and the damage he has wrought purely for short term political gain, which turned out to be very short indeed.

tavyred

Soldiers or elderly care home residents... the death of one is no more acceptable than the other.

Blair's mistakes were rightly investigated and the outcomes are well known. We will now find out whether Boris, Rishi and the rest are in the same boat, or not. But let's not pretend this is about cake.
You think there’s a moral equivalence between the alleged incompetence of a government battling to deal with a novel killer virus and a sexed up dossier designed to send this country to war?
I only mentioned cake in response to DB’s ludicrous claim that this current government was the most morally disgusting ever.
As an aside despite the desperation by some on here to paint the UK’s covid response as uniquely and murderously incompetent our outcomes when compared with similar countries were broadly speaking much of a muchness.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
You think there’s a moral equivalence between the alleged incompetence of a government battling to deal with a novel killer virus and a sexed up dossier designed to send this country to war?
I only mentioned cake in response to DB’s ludicrous claim that this current government was the most morally disgusting ever.
As an aside despite the desperation by some on here to paint the UK’s covid response as uniquely and murderously incompetent our outcomes when compared with similar countries were broadly speaking much of a muchness.
I didn't say that at all, but you're good at putting words into other's mouths.

The investigation will decide, much as it did in Blair's case. But you know that, because I already said it. 🤣

tavyred

I didn't say that at all, but you're good at putting words into other's mouths.

The investigation will decide, much as it did in Blair's case. But you know that, because I already said it. 🤣
I’m happy that you’re now willing to wait for the inquiry’s findings before opining on this Government’s performance and morals Spanks.🙄

Grecian2K

I’m happy that you’re now willing to wait for the inquiry’s findings before opining on this Government’s performance and morals Spanks.🙄
Oh dear Tavy. Pretty pathetic, even with your low bar
One is always perfectly free "opine" based on one's own current experiences ( particularly those wizards in the predominantly right wing MSM)

To ultimately "define" takes time (often many, many decades) before the truth eventually manages to squeeze from beneath the suffocating "blobs" of the time.

Alistair20000

Soldiers or elderly care home residents... the death of one is no more acceptable than the other.

Blair's mistakes were rightly investigated and the outcomes are well known. We will now find out whether Boris, Rishi and the rest are in the same boat, or not. But let's not pretend this is about cake.
All the fault of the BBC wasn't it ?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
All the fault of the BBC wasn't it ?
I'd suggest it was all entirely the fault of Rev Blair. Can't blame the BBC for his decisions.

I now blame the cake.

DB9

You can have all those views on BJ and then you (if you’re inclined to) compare the result of his moral choices with the moral choices made by Blair/Campbell, one result being the delivery of coffins from Afghanistan containing the bodies of young men and women of our military.
I know which issue rates higher on my ‘moral dubiousness’ scale.
I'm not comparing anything about this, You brought up the comparison, I'm talking about this morally corrupt Government, Try and bring your own swerve into it if you like .

tavyred

I'm not comparing anything about this, You brought up the comparison, I'm talking about this morally corrupt Government, Try and bring your own swerve into it if you like .
Every poster on here brings their own swerve whenever they post. Your initial swerve was to state this current government was the most morally disgusting in our history, I then furnished you with an opinion about another government who did something way more morally disgusting IMO and I’m guessing you disagree.

DB9

Every poster on here brings their own swerve whenever they post. Your initial swerve was to state this current government was the most morally disgusting in our history, I then furnished you with an opinion about another government who did something way more morally disgusting IMO and I’m guessing you disagree.
This is not a competition about who's the most disgusting, This lot (IMO) are bloody awful and you putting the words "In History", Which you said not me are trying again to deflect and go all "High and Mighty political heavyweight" and my opinion is not worthy. We have one that didn't care if bodies were piled high in the street during Covid, Put 1000's back into nursing homes and the virus swept through like wildfire and this lot want to now not give the full infor to the Judge in charge of the inquiry THEY set up and APPOINTED.