• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't they have had a wattsapp chat group so all msg would be there?
Or, as Bugs Bunny might say if they wanted printed evidence a "Whatsapp, Doc?"
Surely that would be 24 carrot gold!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

tavyred

Reminds me, how far along those 40 new hospitals are going?
The alleged non-delivery of policy is a Boris Johnson’s morals issue? 🤷‍♂️

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
The alleged non-delivery of policy is a Boris Johnson’s morals issue? 🤷‍♂️
You do like moving the conversation on quickly Tavy.

You're infatuation with cake is alike to suggesting Blair and Bush liked playing hide and seek with Saddam.

tavyred

Sorry, As I'm on my phone the words are smaller, Don't quite get the repatriation ceremonies bit, As for your constant use the bit about cake, You know very well it was more than this, He made the rules and broke them, Lied about breaking them and let's not forget No10 was the place where the most Covid fines were issued in the whole of the UK. He was and is a charlatan, Only interested in what's in it for him and those in Government now were part of his abject chaos whilst PM.

You can have all those views on BJ and then you (if you’re inclined to) compare the result of his moral choices with the moral choices made by Blair/Campbell, one result being the delivery of coffins from Afghanistan containing the bodies of young men and women of our military.
I know which issue rates higher on my ‘moral dubiousness’ scale.

tavyred

You do like moving the conversation on quickly Tavy.

You're infatuation with cake is alike to suggesting Blair and Bush liked playing hide and seek with Saddam.
The conflating of issues is not mine on this occasion spanks, we were talking about morals and AU started bringing unbuilt hospitals into the conversation. 🤷‍♂️

angelic upstart

The conflating of issues is not mine on this occasion spanks, we were talking about morals and AU started bringing unbuilt hospitals into the conversation. 🤷‍♂️
It's not morally improper to lie to the electorate?

It's not just about cake, however much you'd like it to be.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Soldiers or elderly care home residents... the death of one is no more acceptable than the other.

Blair's mistakes were rightly investigated and the outcomes are well known. We will now find out whether Boris, Rishi and the rest are in the same boat, or not. But let's not pretend this is about cake.

Grecian2K

It is though.
Johnson entered the job thinking it would all be a piece of cake.
Still I expect he's now quite happy to be ousted just so could sponge some sour dough from dubious, transatlantic sycophants playing the "bumbling Boris" routine.

tavyred

It's not morally improper to lie to the electorate?

Wow, if you think lying to the electorate is a new phenomenon confined to BJ and the Tories then you don’t know the history of UK politics.
I think it was Blair who said politics was as much about “low skullduggery” as it was an arena where politicians could ‘stand tall’ , or words to that effect.
BJ has always had the ability elicit a hyperbolic reaction from some folks and although I’m apt to reduce the partygate issue to the word ‘cake’ I’ve always said the so called scandal was a politicised distraction and in comparison to the real issues we face it’s another example of a country that is no longer serious.
I voted for Blair three times but even I know the dodgy dossier episode knocks the eating of cake in a lockdown out of the park in DB’s “morally disgusting” stakes.

angelic upstart

Wow, if you think lying to the electorate is a new phenomenon confined to BJ and the Tories then you don’t know the history of UK politics.
I think it was Blair who said politics was as much about “low skullduggery” as it was an arena where politicians could ‘stand tall’ , or words to that effect.
BJ has always had the ability elicit a hyperbolic reaction from some folks and although I’m apt to reduce the partygate issue to the word ‘cake’ I’ve always said the so called scandal was a politicised distraction and in comparison to the real issues we face it’s another example of a country that is no longer serious.
I voted for Blair three times but even I know the dodgy dossier episode knocks the eating of cake in a lockdown out of the park in DB’s “morally disgusting” stakes.
You said "many bleating on about Boris are only going on about cake" or words to that effect I'm saying that's nonsense. I wasn't a fan of Johnson because he lied constantly and took the **** of of the electorate. I'd be the same with any leader that did that, particularly as openly as he does.

Reactions: DB9