• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming that all 5 subs can't be used by being brought on to the pitch on 5 separate occasions? Otherwise imagine the frustration when the opposition is trying to run down the clock in stoppage time making substitutions over and over again.....
The rule elsewhere for five subs is that up to five subs can be used but substitutions only made on a maximum of three occasions.

Nigel E

Can anyone evidence that there will be 5 subs used on match day?
Good question. EFL announced at the end of May that they would be considering it following a request from Championship clubs, but have not seen a decision yet.

IndoMike

So if a player snaps his leg clean in two in the 76th minute or later, no substitute is allowed ? There is no ideal way to eradicate it, even if you use the Rugby system of a pitch side clock, which could start and stop at subs, Club's would still abuse it by making subs purely to break up the flow and momentum of the match. :mad:
Well let's hope a player doesn't snap his leg. If a team goes down to 10 men in the last 20 minutes , do be it. It's the same risk for both teams.
Substitutions in the last 20 minutes make a mockery of the game. If they are made purely for time wasting then they are cheating the fans.
No subs in last 20 minutes.!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well let's hope a player doesn't snap his leg. If a team goes down to 10 men in the last 20 minutes , do be it. It's the same risk for both teams.
Substitutions in the last 20 minutes make a mockery of the game. If they are made purely for time wasting then they are cheating the fans.
No subs in last 20 minutes.!
I take your point but not all subs made in last 20 mins are to time waste. Many players tire in the last 20 and often a manager may want to gamble by throwing on another striker or defensive player. Subs late in the game can be very entertaining in that they make a real impact.

I'd perhaps agree with no subs in stoppage time but to say no subs in lsst 20 mins is unnecessary.

IndoMike

I take your point but not all subs made in last 20 mins are to time waste. Many players tire in the last 20 and often a manager may want to gamble by throwing on another striker or defensive player. Subs late in the game can be very entertaining in that they make a real impact.

I'd perhaps agree with no subs in stoppage time but to say no subs in lsst 20 mins is unnecessary.
Agree to differ.

grecIAN Harris

Agree to differ.
So if we suddenly go from being a goal up to being 2-1 down and promotion spot at stake in the final, you'd be happy that Matt wouldn't be able to chuck on some attack minded players to rescue the game? 🤨 You don't half talk some b0!!0cks Info.🙄

IndoMike

So if we suddenly go from being a goal up to being 2-1 down and promotion spot at stake in the final, you'd be happy that Matt wouldn't be able to chuck on some attack minded players to rescue the game? 🤨 You don't half talk some b0!!0cks Info.🙄
No, but I'd be happy if it was the opposition who had the problem. Look further than the end of your nose ;)

grecIAN Harris

No, but I'd be happy if it was the opposition who had the problem. Look further than the end of your nose ;)
Or try looking through both eyes rather than just the one.

IndoMike

Or try looking through both eyes rather than just the one.
Well you looked through one, so you set the precedent, didn't you?

Ash

I've tried that. Doesn't work on my TV.
Get yourself a Roku, or a Chromecast, or a Fire stick or a Now TV box etc etc etc