• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

wiveygrecian

Really?!! From what I’ve seen of him Nigel has been a fantastic anchor man in the midfield.

I think Matt Taylor will go for:

Ward
Sweeney
Martin
Parkes
Williams
Dickenson (based on latest interview it seems he is cautious of bringing back Sparkes so soon)
Atangana
Taylor
Law
Bowman
Ajose

Bench:
Maxted
Moxey
Richardson
Sparkes
Collins
Jay
L.Martin
Seymour
Fisher
Dickenson will play against his old club. Missed the January game at home to Colchester as was away at funeral

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dickenson will play against his old club. Missed the January game at home to Colchester as was away at funeral
Yes, would very much expect to see Dickenson in the starting line up all being well.

denzel

I know it's on Sky but what arrangements are there for those of us without to view it? Will it be on ifollow or available to season ticket holders in some way?

Red Devon

I know it's on Sky but what arrangements are there for those of us without to view it? Will it be on ifollow or available to season ticket holders in some way?
Don’t quote me on it but I think it might be still on free to air.

Corey

You can buy a week/day pass on Now TV if you so choose

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
One for the many ECFC historians on here.

Have we ever played a competitive game in June before?

denzel

You can buy a week/day pass on Now TV if you so choose
I've tried that. Doesn't work on my TV.

Grecianpasty

Now that we know we have two games to prepare for and only a few weeks of training, I would surround our team with experience, match fitness and reliability. With that in mind, I would like to see the following:
Ward

Sweeney
A Martin
Parkes
Williams
Dickenson

Atangana
Law
Taylor

L Martin
Bowman

The biggest factor for me will be whether we have 5 subs to our disposal or 3. If we have 5 I would implore L Martin to play like his career depends on it (which it will) with the energy that is desperately going to be needed.

Archie Collins and ajose will play large parts of either game too im sure.

budegrecian

Interesting looking at some of the predicted line ups. For me, if fit, Archie Collins starts.Always. But what do any of us know?
Listening to MT's interview today, It sounds unlikely that Jack Sparkes will play, unless he's trying to dupe Colchester.

Grecianpasty

Interesting looking at some of the predicted line ups. For me, if fit, Archie Collins starts.Always. But what do any of us know?
Listening to MT's interview today, It sounds unlikely that Jack Sparkes will play, unless he's trying to dupe Colchester.
I hate the idea of Collins not playing, but when you consider that Jake is our captain, law is our most creative central midfielder and atangana is our best box to box midfielder it was hard for me not to fit him in.

I honestly think archie is a better player than jake Taylor, but as I said in my last post experience might be key.

I'd like to see Law play behind bowman and fit archie into the midfield, but I fear that dynamic wouldn't work.