• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

grecianstew

2 games in 5 days, potentially 3 in 10, after a long lay off. A lot of players will play a big part. Expect to see different starting line ups for each game and all 5 subs used.

Boyo

Matty needs to pick the players who are in form right now... Oh.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matty needs to pick the players who are in form right now... Oh.
Looking on the bright side, there's nobody not in form

Nigel E

2 games in 5 days, potentially 3 in 10, after a long lay off. A lot of players will play a big part. Expect to see different starting line ups for each game and all 5 subs used.
Yes, best not to get hung up on starting line ups. I can see 1 or 2 players being given instructions to really push themselves for 45 minutes, knowing in advance they'll have a second half replacement.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming that all 5 subs can't be used by being brought on to the pitch on 5 separate occasions? Otherwise imagine the frustration when the opposition is trying to run down the clock in stoppage time making substitutions over and over again.....

IndoMike

I'm assuming that all 5 subs can't be used by being brought on to the pitch on 5 separate occasions? Otherwise imagine the frustration when the opposition is trying to run down the clock in stoppage time making substitutions over and over again.....
I've always maintained that no subs should be allowed in the last 15-20 minutes of a match. It really disrupts the game and detracts from the entertainment and excitement

Colesman Ballz

I've always maintained that no subs should be allowed in the last 15-20 minutes of a match. It really disrupts the game and detracts from the entertainment and excitement
So if a player snaps his leg clean in two in the 76th minute or later, no substitute is allowed ? There is no ideal way to eradicate it, even if you use the Rugby system of a pitch side clock, which could start and stop at subs, Club's would still abuse it by making subs purely to break up the flow and momentum of the match. :mad:

grecianstew

I see no reason for the game to stop at all. Hockey style in play subs, at the half way line and supervised by the 4th official would suffice.

Grecianpasty

Can anyone evidence that there will be 5 subs used on match day?

Oldsmobile-88

BBC Radio Devon are definitely covering both play off games against Colchester..