• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is no such thing as "Big Money" in L2, Even clubs with wealthy owners don't splash huge amounts because there is no return on it, It does though take a lot of money to run a club, A totally different thing. As for fans, They want that "Instant Success" otherwise they'd except a manager like Tisdale but they aren't and they don't. Our model is still the minority in the professional game but with our model you need the right manager who gets it and can work with it, Including its financial limitations, Tisdale did for a while then got frustrated and thought he was bigger than ECFC, Which he never was.
Big money is a relative term. Of course, no-one is paying what Chelsea or Man City are paying but it seems pretty undeniable that some clubs in League 2 have considerably bigger budgets than others.
I'm also not sure what the difference between splashing huge amounts and spending a lot of money to run a club. However, it's seem pretty clear that the likes of Peter Lim at Salford, Dale Vince at Forest Green and even Simon Hallett down the A38 are putting money into their clubs without expecting to get their money back or even any return on their investment.

Average Joe

Big money is a relative term. Of course, no-one is paying what Chelsea or Man City are paying
In the next few seasons I can't see Chelsea paying very much at all lol

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big money is a relative term. Of course, no-one is paying what Chelsea or Man City are paying but it seems pretty undeniable that some clubs in League 2 have considerably bigger budgets than others.
I'm also not sure what the difference between splashing huge amounts and spending a lot of money to run a club. However, it's seem pretty clear that the likes of Peter Lim at Salford, Dale Vince at Forest Green and even Simon Hallett down the A38 are putting money into their clubs without expecting to get their money back or even any return on their investment.
My view of "Splashing the Cash" is someone like the late Reynoulds who built a total white elephant stadium in Darlington or Bradford that huge one sided stand when they were in the PL, Spending money to run a club is to me able to bulid a training ground, new pitch and of course the day to day stuff. Also Lim and Vince are trying to build a club from the depths of non-league to L1 or higher, That does take money but they are doing it bit by bit, Not say in 18 months etc and maybe, Just maybe if they get to The Championship they might get an offer from people to buy their clubs and recoup a good part of it, You never know. I still stand by that in L2 there is not the kind of money to "Splash" and fans, Chairman etc don't have the time to have a Tisdale type to see it as a four or five year project, That is why ECFC is pretty unique in that respect.

ExmouthMart

"It is our intention to bring in an experienced manager to work with the team for the rest of the season," the club said. AFC Wimbledon.
🤔

Colesman Ballz

"It is our intention to bring in an experienced manager to work with the team for the rest of the season," the club said. AFC Wimbledon.
🤔
The chances of AFCW employing an ex MK Don's manager are virtually non existent ! 🤣

dontpassback

The chances of AFCW employing an ex MK Don's manager are virtually non existent ! 🤣
Kenny jackett ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kenny jackett ?
I can see him Donning that Jackett, with a nice cravat.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think that even comes into it to be honest. If they thought an ex dons manager was the best man for the job they'd attempt to employ him.

Colesman Ballz

Don't think that even comes into it to be honest. If they thought an ex dons manager was the best man for the job they'd attempt to employ him.
I think that you may be underestimating the residual hatred felt towards the Dongs for "stealing" their club.

Spoonz Red E

Brennan Dickenson played 7 games for AFC Wimbledon in 2013 and was at MK Dons (also for 7 games) prior to signing for us in 2020.