• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Bridgy 81

I appreciate this is a Paul Tisdale thread, which has recently drifted into talking about the relationship between AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons.
This doesn’t relate to either of the those themes so I’m now going to take the thread further off topic by saying that it‘s recently struck me that both Sam Nombe and Jevani Brown effectively started their careers at MK Dons.
Sam as a professional and Jevani as a youth team player until he was about 16/17.
As those two have been more than ok for us it might be worth looking to see who else they’ve got!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that you may be underestimating the residual hatred felt towards the Dongs for "stealing" their club.
Tisdale played no part in the stealing of their club though so they wouldn't not employ him because he'd previously worked for dons.

Football is full of hatred and rivalry but nothing surprises me. Campbell from Spurs to Arsenal, Figo from Barca to Madrid, Benetiz from Liverpool to Everton, so Tisdale from MK Don's to Wimbledon via about 3 other clubs won't even touch the sides.

Bridgy 81

Tisdale played no part in the stealing of their club though so they wouldn't not employ him because he'd previously worked for dons.
I’m going back on topic.
AFC Wimbledon announced Mark Bowen as their new Manager on a short term basis earlier today, so they’ll have no decision to make about Tis one way or the other until the summer at the earliest.

sign of the chimes

I’m going back on topic.
AFC Wimbledon announced Mark Bowen as their new Manager on a short term basis earlier today, so they’ll have no decision to make about Tis one way or the other until the summer at the earliest.
I'd not realised quite how temporarily they had put Darius Charles in temporary charge yesterday!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brennan Dickenson played 7 games for AFC Wimbledon in 2013 and was at MK Dons (also for 7 games) prior to signing for us in 2020.
Dons chairman thought nothing of buying the whole club out from under the feet of Wimbledon's fans, so he is hardly going to worry about employing a former loan player. Examples of players moving in the opposite direction would be more pertinent. Iirc, AFCW fans gave Jamie Mackie "stick" when he was playing for us, because he had played for the Franchise.

Spoonz Red E

Dons chairman thought nothing of buying the whole club out from under the feet of Wimbledon's fans, so he is hardly going to worry about employing a former loan player. Examples of players moving in the opposite direction would be more pertinent. Iirc, AFCW fans gave Jamie Mackie "stick" when he was playing for us, because he had played for the Franchise.
Good point.

tonykellowfan

This is the prevailing myth in football but the reality is that Wimbledon would have gone under without the move.

Spoonz Red E

This is the prevailing myth in football but the reality is that Wimbledon would have gone under without the move.
I suppose the animosity such as it is stems from the fact that those supporters of AFC Wimbledon consider that it did go under.
Hence the need for the pheonix club.

fred binneys head

Then they should have gone under and started again.

tonykellowfan

Which is to all intents what did happen.

MK Dons is a new club, Wimbledon died and AFC Wimbledon was born and had to start lower down the pyramid.