• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
This says there is a sell on clause:

andrew p long

This says there is a sell on clause:

Puzzling. Like others I thought there was no sell on clause. But this article is by Stuart James, probably the most accurate/ITK journalist re ECFC. Would be great news if true because I could see Brighton or others in for him and Swansea needing the cash...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless it's been consistently misreported, in different places, over a number of years, the Grimes' fee was all upfront.

Colesman Ballz

I too think SJ is unfortunately talking "out of his ar$e" on this one as it was made crystal clear at the time that it was a single fee with no add ons. Of course at the time Everton were his other would be suitors whom he turned down in favour of the Swans, so it's good to see that they have rekindled their interest .

However WTF is this doing on the Ollie thread ? Perhaps the mods could oblige and move these posts to where they belong !

simcity

The article Hants posted on here at the time of the deal suggests there was sell on clause - https://www.exeweb.com/2015/01/02/swansea-city-sign-exeters-matt-grimes/

Colesman Ballz

And of course everything ever posted on Exeweb, is "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" ! 🤣

Banksy

I too think SJ is unfortunately talking "out of his ar$e" on this one as it was made crystal clear at the time that it was a single fee with no add ons. Of course at the time Everton were his other would be suitors whom he turned down in favour of the Swans, so it's good to see that they have rekindled their interest .

However WTF is this doing on the Ollie thread ? Perhaps the mods could oblige and move these posts to where they belong !
That article was from May 2019 anyway.

Colesman Ballz

That article was from May 2019 anyway.
Good spot, bleddy Log and his whooshes ! 👎

LOG

Good spot, bleddy Log and his whooshes ! 👎
It wasn't intended as that. I posted it as it's an article from the journo most closely linked to the club which said there was a sell on. When it was written doesn't really make any difference.

Ash

Great news if true about Grimesinho, I too thought there was no sell on clause.
Maybe they'll both go for decent money and we'll be swimming in cash all summer!