• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

StudentGrecian

Nothing about a sell on fee on the official site when he left, and it's the sort of thing they have always communicated to fans if there is one. Just lazy journalism from DL assuming that we have one I would guess.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back to Ollie and the Bees the last few games have shown how much their success has been dependent on the BMW goals and when these have dried up they have no plan B to fall back on.

Ollie has been off the pace for a while now but stays on for two reasons one the hope he can recover his goal scoring form and two there does not appear to be anyone in the squad good enough to challenge for his or either of the other two regular strikers places.

Ollie and all his team mates are going to be bitterly disappointed after coming so close, until Barnsley scored they were within one goal of pipplng West Brom to second place and for me there is now a big question mark as to how he will react and whether he will be such a potent goal scoring force in the playoffs as he was earlier in their 8 game unbeaten run.

If I was a betting man my money would be on an all South Wales final.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , they had two bites of the cherry beating Stoke would have clinched it without the angst of Barnsley .Ollie has certainly got to somehow up his game now , I’m leaning towards Matty’s Swansea beating them to the punch.Of course , a brilliant Ollie putting himself in the shop window but still losing the semi would probably suit us from a sell on point of view.

STURTZ

Rest assured, Ollie is engineering his own move to the premiership, if not Brentfords! Our cash is coming.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rest assured, Ollie is engineering his own move to the premiership, if not Brentfords! Our cash is coming.
Or should one say his agent is!

older-codger

I do wonder whether Ollie lets the pressure of key games to get to him. By his own admission he didn't perform for us at Wembley and by all accounts didn't perform in the pressure games when promotion depended on it.

Banksy

I’ll have that in writing.

Corey

I do wonder whether Ollie lets the pressure of key games to get to him. By his own admission he didn't perform for us at Wembley and by all accounts didn't perform in the pressure games when promotion depended on it.
He did however play well in the semis and against Argyle in what would also be described as pressure games....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed he did not perform well against either Stoke or Barnsley and i felt he should have been subbed. The fact he wasn’t shows just how much they are depending on him and that must be putting a huge amount of pressure on him.

Long Lost Bee

Agreed he did not perform well against either Stoke or Barnsley and i felt he should have been subbed. The fact he wasn’t shows just how much they are depending on him and that must be putting a huge amount of pressure on him.
it’s more a case of, we have a smallish squad by Championship standards. We have his heir apparent on the bench but he’s not been long with us and just getting up to speed the other recognised striker we have is just getting back to fitness after an ACL injury. I think it’s more than likely that if we fail to achieve promotion he will be sold ( forget about the buyout crap of £18M ) for around £25mto £30M.
We will also probably lose Benrahma as well but he will net another £30M with maybe one more who’ll go for between £8-£10 million. With the approx £30M that’s already banked from previous player sales give us a good financial basis to replace with better players Who will already be targeted and waiting to sign Dependant on which league we will be in. Would be good for your club to net around £4-£5 million. Reckon that should help bolster the team and club finances.