• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m pretty sure there used to be a gillingham fanzine called Brian Moore’s Head or something
Indeed there was..Brian Moores Head.

Edit..Spoonz beat me to it & has given it its correct title.

Rosencrantz

Its full title was 'Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium'
I remember when When Saturday Comes used to have a listing of fanzines in the back which I liked looking through for any amusing titles. Dial M for Merthyr has always stuck with me.

fred binneys head

If anyone can find the Hereford game from 1973 or any other game on TV which shows my dad (Graham Parker) then I would massively appreciate it. I've spent years searching the internet to no avail so am delighted with that Gillingham clip, even if the only time you see him fully is at the end when he chips a shit free kick to the keeper. If you do find some clips, I can't offer anything in return other than my undying love and respect, which I'm sure you'll agree is hugely valuable.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember when When Saturday Comes used to have a listing of fanzines in the back which I liked looking through for any amusing titles. Dial M for Merthyr has always stuck with me.
I think Torquay’s was called Mission Impossible...As you say there were some good wacky titles..

Lincoln City’s was called The Banker & got taken to court because there was a financial publication of the same name(as if some accountant would get confused !😁)...It was renamed the Sincil Banker to stop any perceived confusion!

Oldsmobile-88

If anyone can find the Hereford game from 1973 or any other game on TV which shows my dad (Graham Parker) then I would massively appreciate it. I've spent years searching the internet to no avail so am delighted with that Gillingham clip, even if the only time you see him fully is at the end when he chips a **** free kick to the keeper. If you do find some clips, I can't offer anything in return other than my undying love and respect, which I'm sure you'll agree is hugely valuable.
Another one from that era fred was the game against Southport in 1973.
It was filmed for the Granada region for their Sunday football programme(Big Match Kick Off)
In the Westward TV area we watched the offerings from the Big Match(LWT)
A snippet of Southports winner was shown(it was a 1st v 2nd game)
I believe there was a short highlights film of the game shown in the Granada TV area football programme on the Sunday
A few football programmes from that era of Granada TV have surfaced recently on YouTube (Jan-Feb 1973) but not the one with the aforementioned game on unfortunately.

Tim Long

I think Torquay’s was called Mission Impossible...As you say there were some good wacky titles..

Lincoln City’s was called The Banker & got taken to court because there was a financial publication of the same name(as if some accountant would get confused !😁)...It was renamed the Sincil Banker to stop any perceived confusion!
Lincoln also had one called The Deranged Ferret after a quote from Colin Murphy about how Gordon Hobson ran around.

Alistair20000

I can't offer anything in return other than my undying love and respect, which I'm sure you'll agree is hugely valuable.
Freddie, there is nothing we prize more highly.

Red Devon

180218031804180518061807Here’s a few from Salford away this season....probably my best away game this season as it turned out, dark cold, wet December afternoon and City won the match.

Oldsmobile-88

I was frozen that afternoon 🥶..Nasty chilly wind.

Red Devon

I was frozen that afternoon 🥶..Nasty chilly wind.
Not surprised after seeing your dining arrangements 🤣🤣