• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Travel Coach to Grimsby

The players have not left yet anyway i have just seen ben watson and big mac shopping in exeter high street,not even in city tracksuits so i doubt very much there leaving today.
I saw them both in town as well at about 14:00.. stopped and had a quick chat, they said the team were leaving at 15:30. Macca said he is out for this weekend - still injured:S

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally agree.

From what I can gather, ECFC have tried to get the game called off because of all the problems in getting to Grimsby. They were due to fly, but the flights were cancelled, the coach then couldn't get out of the depot, players couldn't get to the coach and that is not to mention the weather forecast! However, they have been told by the Football league they must do everything possible to ensure they get to Grimsby, even if it means setting off tomorrow morning.

In my opinion, the FL have shown absolutely no regard to the safety of players, officials or supporters. Do they not watch the news? Are they unaware of the conditions in the Westcountry, the lack of grit and salt to treat the icy roads and the fact the M5 has been shut due to the weather conditions?

I think the FL are taking Bill Shankly's quote that "Football is not a matter of life or death, it is more important than that" a little too literally. T*ssers.
I take it you wont be co- commentating Stu? Dont gorget to give me a mention if you do! :D

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it you wont be co- commentating Stu? Dont gorget to give me a mention if you do! :D
And if you don't get a mention then I supposed Paul Jones would be to blame?

LL

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And if you don't get a mention then I supposed Paul Jones would be to blame?

LL
Do bears relieve themselves in woods?? ;)

Lister

Bollox bollox bollox. Just seen the forecast, and had to decide to not go tomorrow. The galling thing is that it looks like it will be ok in Grimsby, but getting to and from there will be trecherous :(

axred

Torquays game is off due to Snow at Holker St.
Torquay United's Blue Square Premier match away at Barrow is also postponed after concerns for travelling fans.
taken from the bbc web site

CITY CASUAL

I was going tomorrow.But because of weather i am not now.:(

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I was going tomorrow.But because of weather i am not now.:(
That looks like the same situation I may be in. J10-11 of the M5 are closed in both directions already and there is a lot of ice up to and including J24 Bridgwater. Also it is scheduled to be -10 at midnight in Grimsby, albeit I imagine with windchill factored in.

Said on their website that they bailed on Morecambe a few weeks ago on the saturday morning, think they could do the same

EDIT: Scrub that, ice on M5 between Exeter and Burnham on Sea (admittedly only the slow lane) but surely as the night goes on the middle and fast lanes will go as well?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really do wish they had have called this off tonight, the conditions are treachorous, and wouldn't want anyone of our fans risking it. If you are making the trip, please have the safest journey possible

Grimsby Town FC

Grimsby fan here, I wish a safe Journey for all you nutters who travel tomorrow.

For your own safety I wouldn't mind the game been called off as I understand the weather is bad down there.

May I remind alot of you we are expecting a deep chill down here some say -10 is what were expecting to see.

With rain and damp patches all over, I would ask you to keep on your radio as I think it will be called off tomorrow, use our OS to keep updayed if needed ##URL REMOVED##

I wish you all ver safe journeys tomorrow.

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.