• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Travel Coach to Grimsby

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just taken a phone call from Jubby to the club.

The Grecian travel coach for the Grimsby away match will not now be running.

He apologises to regular travellers but the current weather situation is particularly bad both on the M5 and mid-country and it is set to deteriorate.

Jubby can be contacted on 07971 605821.

This news should also be posted to the Club website shortly.

Mike Cooper / Spoonz

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Correct decision me thinks, not that anyone asked my opinion. If the weather is gonna get worse, with the roads still not safe from the last lot of snow, its too dangerous to travel.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct decision me thinks, not that anyone asked my opinion. If the weather is gonna get worse, with the roads still not safe from the last lot of snow, its too dangerous to travel.
Completely agree, it is just not worth it. I think it is bad enough our players are having to travel to get there, I think it should be called off, no one needs a backlog of games. But peoples safety is more important

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Will the players have gone up today?

TimG

Yer it says on the main site that the players are travelling up today

STURTZ

Yer it says on the main site that the players are travelling up today
If they can find them!

Spoonz Red E

They are travelling shortly - later than originally intended to allow for temporary improvements in travel conditions as there is a momentary thaw.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last I heard they were waiting to get a flight, and Tis was stuck in Bath, and the lads in Bristol were having problems

Kingsman

I hear some of the players cant even get to the coach. Trouble is the weather is ok in Grimsby so they will be expected to play,the pitch is soaking and the expected temperature is -3 tonight, so could be frozen in the morning. As the weather is expected to deteriorate why not do everybody a favour and call it off. Safety is paramount.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Based on the decision to call off the Port Vale match this week, the Grimsby match should be called off now

i_m