• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
People who cut the bread at the wrong angle leaving a lop sided loaf.

This is home made unsliced bread we are discussing here before anyone offers a “helpful” suggestion of buying a sliced white of wrapped pap from Asda. Other supermarkets available.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

This is home made unsliced bread we are discussing here before anyone offers a “helpful” suggestion of buying a sliced white of wrapped pap from Asda. Other supermarkets available.
Or squeeze the loaf with their left hand whilst cutting with the knife in the right.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sellotape. Take your eye off the ball for a nanosecond and you've lost the end. Five minutes later you find it and think to yourself "don't do that again" but within a very short space of time you have.

It's not designed for blokes is it.

Alistair20000

Sellotape. Take your eye off the ball for a nanosecond and you've lost the end. Five minutes later you find it and think to yourself "don't do that again" but within a very short space of time you have.

It's not designed for blokes is it.
I think you should have watched a bit more Blue Peter and learned how to handle sticky back plastic

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you should have watched a bit more Blue Peter and learned how to handle sticky back plastic
Don't even start me on Fablon.

Or even those protective covers you get with a new phone...o_O

Tim Long

Alistair20000 said:

Or squeeze the loaf with their left hand whilst cutting with the knife in the right.
Guilty on both counts. Grandson of a baker so brought up with occasionally buying 'quality' bread. Never learnt to cut it properly. Corned beef (also cut with bread knife) sandwiches are a geometric nightmare.

Grecian2K

Corned beef (also cut with bread knife) sandwiches are a geometric nightmare.
Nonsense! It adds entirely new dimensions to the humble, basic, common-or-garden sammidge. :p

LOG

The good people of exeweb told me that sellotape and sticky back plastic were not the same thing.

Watch the drama unfold here.

Grecian2K

The good people of exeweb told me that sellotape and sticky back plastic were not the same thing.

Watch the drama unfold here.
Indeed.
A bit like the British visitor who, while on holiday in Australia, went shopping for precautionary prophylactics (and came to a sticky end!)

Spoonz Red E

Guilty on both counts. Grandson of a baker so brought up with occasionally buying 'quality' bread. Never learnt to cut it properly. Corned beef (also cut with bread knife) sandwiches are a geometric nightmare.
Just regard it as an opportunity to hone your table top tetris skills.