• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shirley that device has been given the The Elbow with Covid
No idea Al, Another thing that they tend to do is as the bread goes round it can get stuck then all hell breaks loose with burning toast! 😅

Grecian2K

Having to put on the central heating, even at the end of May.
Bleddy Green Party - this "global warming" thing. The sooner the better I say!!

DB9

Bleddy Green Party - this "global warming" thing. The sooner the better I say!!
Here, Here. I'm resisting putting it back but it is so bloody cold, So ****** off with this weather.

DB9

Paul Burrell on TV this morning say his bit because he was "In the know" about Bashir, Diana and the BBC, Only according to him he was "Her Rock" and this man was proved in court to be a liar too.

*** Also relevant on the Royal Family thread and the A face you'd never tire of punching thread.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I'm saving a fortune in ice-cream though.

Grecian2K

Agreed. I'm saving a fortune in ice-cream though.
And sun block! I suppose that there are at least some consolations.

Oldsmobile-88

C**** that spray this sort of 5hite around.
This is on the newly painted St James Rd gates.
More wasted time for the ground staff to remove.
DCFC48F5-E684-47D3-BE5C-24F3C6B73157.jpeg

DB9

White Goods quality. Today after about 5 years our washing machine died a death not long after the dishwasher, I'm expecting the fridge freezer to do the same too because last time after about 5 years they all went wrong at the same time roughly. So for the 3rd time in about 10 years we're having to replace them!! Yet the chest freezer we were given when my wife's gran died over 20 years ago is still going strong! And she had it for years before!! White goods today are crap and never last so I'm £300 lighter now having to buy this new washing machine!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Oldsmobile-88

White Goods quality. Today after about 5 years our washing machine died a death not long after the dishwasher, I'm expecting the fridge freezer to do the same too because last time after about 5 years they all went wrong at the same time roughly. So for the 3rd time in about 10 years we're having to replace them!! Yet the chest freezer we were given when my wife's gran died over 20 years ago is still going strong! And she had it for years before!! White goods today are crap and never last so I'm £300 lighter now having to buy this new washing machine!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Yes,it’s ridiculous.All this stuff about global warming yet appliances seem to have short life spans compared to pre last millennium.
I don’t know what the carbon footprint is to replace a fridge/freezer/washing machine a couple of times a decade but I bet it’s more than keeping a existing appliance going even if it does use a bit more energy.
Of course it’s not in manufacturers interests to have things too reliable ! Though the cost of repairs or getting the part required is a issue too.

My good lady’s fridge/freezer which is 6 years old had a issue with the fridge part.I know a bit about domestic appliance repairs & diagnosed the Thermal Insurance(a thermostat in old money)
I’ve given up getting the correct part sent,despite give the make/model number on the online ordering service.(The parts return service is very efficient though !)
Getting the manufacturer to call is so expensive,you might as well buy a new one.
Looks like a new F/F will have to be ordered.

When I was doing gas appliance repairs many years ago,parts had to be stocked/supplied for at least 20 years after the appliance model stopped production.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Yes,it’s ridiculous.All this stuff about global warming yet appliances seem to have short life spans compared to pre last millennium.
I don’t know what the carbon footprint is to replace a fridge/freezer/washing machine a couple of times a decade but I bet it’s more than keeping a existing appliance going even if it does use a bit more energy.
Of course it’s not in manufacturers interests to have things too reliable ! Though the cost of repairs or getting the part required is a issue too.

My good lady’s fridge/freezer which is 6 years old had a issue with the fridge part.I know a bit about domestic appliance repairs & diagnosed the Thermal Insurance(a thermostat in old money)
I’ve given up getting the correct part sent,despite give the make/model number on the online ordering service.(The parts return service is very efficient though !)
Getting the manufacturer to call is so expensive,you might as well buy a new one.
Looks like a new F/F will have to be ordered.

When I was doing gas appliance repairs many years ago,parts had to be stocked/supplied for at least 20 years after the appliance model stopped production.