• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
They could build a power station at gnome park run on methane with all the BS down there.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
People having 'private' conversations on their car's bluetooth phone system, blissfully unaware that their vehicle is somehow acting like a giant speaker broadcasting their chat to anyone in a 200-metre radius.

Stelios

People having 'private' conversations on their car's bluetooth phone system, blissfully unaware that their vehicle is somehow acting like a giant speaker broadcasting their chat to anyone in a 200-metre radius.
Was stuck on the canal swing bridge one morning and the car next to me had this. Sadly nothing particularly salacious was being discussed but it helped to pass the time.

Stelios

Schoolboy fashions. At the moment it seems to be drainpipe trousers 4 inches too short and white socks. If you'd worn them 20 odd years ago you wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the playground.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
When ********s that know how to pronounce/spell my name purposefully get it wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Despite it being a still day with little or no wind, it does get a little breeze going as soon as I've piled a load of leaves in to a heap. :) Repeat ad infinitum.

contrabombarde

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before but my wife and her relatives speak of going down to North Devon from Exeter and going up to Exeter from North Devon...come to think of it it should probably be in the "Things that annoy me" thread.

Colesman Ballz

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before but my wife and her relatives speak of going down to North Devon from Exeter and going up to Exeter from North Devon...come to think of it it should probably be in the "Things that annoy me" thread.
Ever since railways were invented they adopted the policy of "Up" trains going to London, and "Down" trains coming from London. In terms of Exeter, or Brighton this may sound eminently sensible, but going down to Edinburgh from London, or up to London from Glasgow seems just plain daft !

Colesman Ballz

The story issued by the Press Association a few hours ago, about a "First World War Bomb found on a Cornish Airbase". What amuses me is that the airfield turns out to be RAF Cranwell in LINCOLNSHIRE ! The standard of journalism seems to plumb ever increasing depths with each day that passes.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One for the 'Kippers, I suspect.

An MP friend on Facebook (he added me!) has posted a picture of him meeting the President of Gabon - his name (el Pres, not the MP!)? Ali Bongo Ondimba.

Well it tickled me, anyway.