• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every time I see the phrase 'Troy Brown Knee Surgery' I get a mental image of a band rather like the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think they shared a joint award with Elbow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My sister married a knee. Called their son Richard, now known as Dickie Knee. True Story!

contrabombarde

I used to work with someone called Mike Hunt. True story!

Stelios

You'd be amazed how few fellow Exeter citizens realised that the old Walter Wall Flooring shop at Livery Dole was a pun...

iscalad

You'd be amazed how few fellow Exeter citizens realised that the old Walter Wall Flooring shop at Livery Dole was a pun...
Nope it's not opun anymore.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Going into Sainsburys Pinhoe yesterday and seeing 3 taxis lined up recharging their cars for the price of a cuppa tea.

Stelios

Going into Sainsburys Pinhoe yesterday and seeing 3 taxis lined up recharging their cars for the price of a cuppa tea.
Great innit? The only people I've met with electric cars are the very wealthy and most able to afford higher petrol/diesel costs. Yet they can charge their electric vehicles for free. Same will happen when Exeter gets a congestion charge and electric vehicles are exempt.

I'd be more than happy to have one to drive around the city if they were actually affordable.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I work for an American oil company and when the big boss last came over from Texas he was collected from Heathrow by an employee in a hybrid company car.

Electric cars and hybrids are now no longer permitted for company use.

STURTZ

Electric cars are expensive now but Leccy is comparitivey cheap, about 2 quid a day? As the price drops then the got will have to tax the plug in, to make up for the huge loss in lost petrol tax. Also to pay for a lot more power stations.