• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Season ending injury sadly.
According to Express An Error yesterday.

Do you have a more reliable sauce ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Express An Error yesterday.

Do you have a more reliable sauce ?
How about direct quotes from the interview with Matt Taylor?

His comment was more nuanced. A medium tear, probably bad enough to be season ending, might be back for playoffs, though probably wouldn't be risked - hence "likely".

Joel Randall injury 'not as bad as first feared' but winger likely out for season - Devon Live

Rosencrantz

How about direct quotes from the interview with Matt Taylor?

His comment was more nuanced. A medium tear, probably bad enough to be season ending, might be back for playoffs, though probably wouldn't be risked - hence "likely".

Joel Randall injury 'not as bad as first feared' but winger likely out for season - Devon Live
I think the good news, from Matt's interview, is that Joel doesn't need an operation.

STURTZ

Not always good news, remember Glen Cronin had a tear on his knee ligament which it was decided would heal itself, six months later it was decided he did need an operation, never a complete success. Before his injury he had been an outstanding talent but was never the same again.

ryancooper327

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If true sad but inevitable and sooner than a lot of us would have hoped, if he goes to Norwich he would be another Graduate plying his trade in the Premiershite. May have a ready made replacement bought in with Coley, and of course there will be the add ons in seasons to come.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, he’s a legit journo, so there’s probably some truth to this. Will be so gutted to lose him now, especially without having many opportunities to see him live.

If we’ve rejected a bid and two or three clubs are in for him, we may be able to hold out for a huge fee. Coley will be a ready made replacement but this will be a huge blow.

ryancooper327

More reports coming out of a 6 figure sum rejected.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, he’s a legit journo, so there’s probably some truth to this. Will be so gutted to lose him now, especially without having many opportunities to see him live.

If we’ve rejected a bid and two or three clubs are in for him, we may be able to hold out for a huge fee. Coley will be a ready made replacement but this will be a huge blow.
The fee is unlikely to be huge as I believe he is out of contract in the summer and can go for a "tribunal fee". My guess is the £750k would get him.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fee is unlikely to be huge as I believe he is out of contract in the summer and can go for a "tribunal fee". My guess is the £750k would get him.
Indeed. However, I wonder what we’d get for him via a tribunal? Surely it’s worth us holding out for the absolute maximum considering we’re in a good place financially.

Obviously, if he did go this summer, it would be an undisclosed fee, so we’ll probably never know the true fee. If it’s true that a number of clubs are in for him, hopefully a bit of a bidding war will happen!