• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is why I said if I were a buying club I would have waited until January for Joel to prove his fitness. Fortunately for us Ferguson and McAnthony don't have my patience and put a million plus in our pockets already.
Some echoes of Franchise, Winkleman and JMT here perhaps?

Boyo

Its up to Posh and DF to know or find out about any injury record,
As part of any transfer we would surely have to share his medical history and records of any interventions undertaken whilst in our care. As long as we did that correctly there’s nothing to worry about and Peterborough will have no beef with us.
I interpreted the story as Joel didn’t report a twinge. Given he’s clearly trying to impress and assert himself at a new club it’s easy to believe he didn’t mention a twinge and carried on playing. That twinge then developed into a more serious problem.

DB9

As part of any transfer we would surely have to share his medical history and records of any interventions undertaken whilst in our care. As long as we did that correctly there’s nothing to worry about and Peterborough will have no beef with us.
I interpreted the story as Joel didn’t report a twinge. Given he’s clearly trying to impress and assert himself at a new club it’s easy to believe he didn’t mention a twinge and carried on playing. That twinge then developed into a more serious problem.
Then if Joel didn't report this twinge and the club are not phsyic then it's not down to us. For me personally Joel was a good player that has moved on, I wish him well and hopefully fullfill his potential and we make a few extra quid but if not through various thing, Well to me that's football, its a brutal game for those unlucky not to make it.

STURTZ

Did we complain about Stubbs etc.

But hey! I wish Joel all the best with his future career, great player, good kid, tremendous ability. Sure I wish him all the best from fans of Exeter City.

Probably just a twinge.

DB9

Did we complain about Stubbs etc.

But hey! I wish Joel all the best with his future career, great player, good kid, tremendous ability. Sure I wish him all the best from fans of Exeter City.

Probably just a twinge.
Exactly, We've took a punt on Stubbs and at the moment its money down the drain but we cant blame anyone else but ourselves, So if Joel has a long term injury that was there then Peterbourgh has to suck it up!

As for the rest of your post Sturtz, Yep agree.

LOG

Its up to Posh and DF to know or find out about any injury record, As for the sell on that is our gamble, Ollie and others made us money, Joel might not and we make hardly anything, Law of averages we'll end up "Taking a Hit" on a sell on one day, I'm not fussed either way really, We have the Transfer already, A sell on is a bonus which we should never rely on.
A couple of points:

- I didn't say anything about relying on the sell on.
- You aren't fussed about whether Joel kicks on which seems an odd logic to me and one that suggests that you don't really understand our model.

DB9

A couple of points:

- I didn't say anything about relying on the sell on.
- You aren't fussed about whether Joel kicks on which seems an odd logic to me and one that suggests that you don't really understand our model.
I understand our model really well thanks, My point is its out of our hands if he kicks on in his career, He could (God forgive) get a career ending injury or (Hopefully) realise his potential and make us a wedge but now he's not our player and its all out of our hands by the way, We do rely (Not totally) on sell ons , Its part of our model with our youngsters coming through.

andrew p long

the slightly longer quote from Ferguson in the above article makes it clear that he is not blaming anyone, accepts that injuries happen, is sorry for the player and recognises that Posh have to not feel sorry for themselves but instead that they have to get on with it.

So he's not pointing a finger at ECFC and, in my view, there is nothing to see/get agitated about in the longer version of his quote.

Reactions: DB9