• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Window - What do we need - Buy or Loan

jimbo-gould

I'm pretty convinced we will sign a CB and a forward.
I like tour optimism. I don't see a striker coming in personally, but hoping I am wrong!

Boyo

A few people have mentioned we should sign a striker. What style of striker would we sign and who are we dropping?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few people have mentioned we should sign a striker. What style of striker would we sign and who are we dropping?
As I said in my OP I would like one that would challenge Bowman for the starting position and that will fit into our style of play and can finish off the numerous opportunities that are presented to them, so effectively a goal efficient Bowman type player. Not an Ajose or similar as at the moment we have sufficient smaller skillful players to work off the forward strengths. Fisher isn't aggressive enough or fast enough

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely a CB. I don't see any pressing need to bring in any other bodies however I think we would miss Bowman if, heaven forbid, he got injured. So I would farm Ajose out and get a replacement in on loan.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
What can we afford?
Will Taylor believe that we desperately need to spend?
What will we be able to offload?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
What can we afford?
Will Taylor believe that we desperately need to spend?
What will we be able to offload?
I suspect we will see outward movement which may open the door for some incoming. My bet would be on a CB and an attacker.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jordan Storey seems to be spending much of this season gathering splinters on the Deepdale bench.
Worth a loan sniff to give him some much needed match practice (and us a bit of defensive stability)?
unfortunate recent developments at Preston scupper any Storey loan prospects. First choice centre half Bauer is now injured and out for the rest of the season. Storey remains on bench as cover for 2nd and 3rd choice centre backs. But manager Alex Neil says he is in the market in January for a fourth centre back ‘because you always need four’.

( I suspect wages would have been a problem anyway)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect we will see outward movement which may open the door for some incoming. My bet would be on a CB and an attacker.
what outward movement do you foresee? The loss of one or two of our best players or of those who cannot get in the team?

Red Monster

Matt has already said he hopes to make a couple of signings
when the window reopens .

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor seems interested, but it will only be if the right deal is forthcoming .I can't see us getting a striker in who will accept being Bowman's stand in,unless it's from the lower leagues.Another centre back will be an admission of failure from Taylor that he got his summer spending wrong with McArdle ,but he is honest enough to do that.