• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why not Kieran Phillips? This part quote taken in part from his Wiki page. ……..before moving to Everton’s academy at under-13 level , however he suffered a double knee fracture, which ruled him out of action for 2 and a half years.……..
That would account for the disjointed start quote.
It’s not like he hasn’t been playing much for Walsall 26 games this season 4 goals, maybe someone who could click with us.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must take it out on poor Sam in wear and tear having to play on his own with the system we have. So not so much bad luck as the system itself and the fact there’s seemingly no plan B .
This is it exactly. No plan B. Look at the number of strikers we had in the latter stages of the season we got promoted under Tisdale. We had plenty of options then and if we needed goals late on we could chuck two or three on up front.

2008/09
Stanno
McAllister
Basham
Stewart
Watson
Logan

All of those players could make a contribution. Yesterday we had nothing on the bench to replace Amond with.

Red Devon

This is it exactly. No plan B. Look at the number of strikers we had in the latter stages of the season we got promoted under Tisdale. We had plenty of options then and if we needed goals late on we could chuck two or three on up front.

2008/09
Stanno
McAllister
Basham
Stewart
Watson
Logan

All of those players could make a contribution. Yesterday we had nothing on the bench to replace Amond with.
And we brought Stuart Fleetwood in on loan to help get us over the line.

wiveygrecian

2008/09
Stanno
McAllister
Basham
Stewart
Watson
Logan

Totally agree mate. I was only saying yesterday we need to start 1 or 2 strikers and have another 2 ready on the bench. I bet every other club in league 2 has at least 2 strikers on the subs bench available .

Memphis09

My personal preference in a 3 would be Ray, Stubbs and Hartridge. With Sweeney, Diabate and Grounds the respective back ups.
[/QUOT
Sorry for Diabate is far better already than Hartridge definitely MOM yesterday

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. MOM for me yesterday was also Diabate

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

2008/09
Stanno
McAllister
Basham
Stewart
Watson
Logan

Along with the addition of Fleetwood we had so many different options and ways to crack the nut of scoring that season

cambmike

2008/09
Stanno
McAllister
Basham
Stewart
Watson
Logan

Not convinced most of these had a strike rate that defined them as a striker

Alistair20000

Agree. MOM for me yesterday was also Diabate
Cuts an imposing figure at the back and was very cool and collected yesterday. Looks a wise head on young shoulders too. I was very impressed.

One horrible "pass" into touch and a minor quibble is that he often seems to resort to a back pass rather than something more forceful. I am sure this will develop with experience.

Banksy

Totally agree mate. I was only saying yesterday we need to start 1 or 2 strikers and have another 2 ready on the bench. I bet every other club in league 2 has at least 2 strikers on the subs bench available .
Strikers and using them properly doesn’t seem to be one of Taylor’s strong points.