• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would be a good signing but doubtful. Taylor has used the words disjointed start to his football league career…
Why not Kieran Phillips? This part quote taken in part from his Wiki page. ……..before moving to Everton’s academy at under-13 level , however he suffered a double knee fracture, which ruled him out of action for 2 and a half years.……..
That would account for the disjointed start quote.

milts

Why not Kieran Phillips? This part quote taken in part from his Wiki page. ……..before moving to Everton’s academy at under-13 level , however he suffered a double knee fracture, which ruled him out of action for 2 and a half years.……..
That would account for the disjointed start quote.
Sorry I was replying to the suggestion of Simpson

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone have a list of players that have been on loan but sent/called back?
Ok, so I’ve done a bit of research of strikers who’ve been on loan at L1 and L2 clubs in the first half of this season, but not sure if they’ve all since been recalled. They are:

Timmy Abraham 0 league goals for Newport. No thanks.
Tiago Cukar 1 goal for Doncaster. No thanks.
Kieran Phillips 3 goals for Walsall. Meh.
Tyreece Simpson 11 goals for Swindon. Yes please but highly unlikely.
Joel Mumbongoo 2 goals for Accrington. Meh.
Sam Cosgrove 2 goals for Shrewsbury but scored loads for Aberdeen so yes please.
Will Goodwin 2 goals for Hartlepool. No thanks.
Sylvester Jasper 3 goals for Col U. Think he scored against us. Meh.

So basically not too much to get excited about and I’ve probably not listed the player we’re signing anyway:LOL:

grecIAN Harris

If only it was Sam Cosgrove. He would fit my suggestion of maybe being more Ryan Bowman than Sam Nombe and he does know how to find the back of the net even if he needs his memory jogging a little bit. He would be able to play up front on his also which fits the way Taylor plays.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If only it was Sam Cosgrove. He would fit my suggestion of maybe being more Ryan Bowman than Sam Nombe and he does know how to find the back of the net even if he needs his memory jogging a little bit. He would be able to play up front on his also which fits the way Taylor plays.
Yep Cosgrove would be excellent. Sadly, from Taylor’s comments it seems unlikely to say the least. Just got to hope they make an impact and Nombe can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Ok, so I’ve done a bit of research of strikers who’ve been on loan at L1 and L2 clubs in the first half of this season, but not sure if they’ve all since been recalled. They are:

Timmy Abraham 0 league goals for Newport. No thanks.
Tiago Cukar 1 goal for Doncaster. No thanks.
Kieran Phillips 3 goals for Walsall. Meh.
Tyreece Simpson 11 goals for Swindon. Yes please but highly unlikely.
Joel Mumbongoo 2 goals for Accrington. Meh.
Sam Cosgrove 2 goals for Shrewsbury but scored loads for Aberdeen so yes please.
Will Goodwin 2 goals for Hartlepool. No thanks.
Sylvester Jasper 3 goals for Col U. Think he scored against us. Meh.

So basically not too much to get excited about and I’ve probably not listed the player we’re signing anyway:LOL:
Brad Young who was on loan at Carlisle from Aston Villa is missing from your list as well. Could see this as a possibility as he is young and has had a bit of a ‘start, stop’ time of it at Carlisle.
Wouldn’t be a huge fan of this signing but I’ve felt disappointed the last few January windows so I’m bracing myself!!🙁

scottus86

Brad Young who was on loan at Carlisle from Aston Villa is missing from your list as well. Could see this as a possibility as he is young and has had a bit of a ‘start, stop’ time of it at Carlisle.
Wouldn’t be a huge fan of this signing but I’ve felt disappointed the last few January windows so I’m bracing myself!!🙁
Callum Rowe, Ollie Watkins, Ben Chrisene connection too, perhaps a good call.

Banksy

Sorry I was replying to the suggestion of Simpson
Oh, o.k!

Banksy

Yep Cosgrove would be excellent. Sadly, from Taylor’s comments it seems unlikely to say the least. Just got to hope they make an impact and Nombe can stay fit for the rest of the season.
Must take it out on poor Sam in wear and tear having to play on his own with the system we have. So not so much bad luck as the system itself and the fact there’s seemingly no plan B .

Banksy

Bet it is Kieran Phillips.