• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee and Sonny Cox - sign professional contracts

jjmanning

I would think so, yes. I might not have been clear enough, they can agree a pro contract now to kick in when they turn 17.
As I thought! Great business by the club 👍🏻

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ethan signed for Chelsea on July 1st 2017, turned 17 on September 14 and the tribunal finally met in April 2018.
Thanks for the correction, but the point is that Ethan was already at Chelsea on his 17th birthday, so we couldn't have been offering him a Professional Contract then. What really made me mad at the time was having missed two transfer windows before we were able to use the funds to reinvest in the team, tribunals should be arranged promptly in order not to disadvantage the selling team, maybe it would concentrate minds more if a tribunal is involved that the buying club should not be allowed to have the player represent them in the interim.

Rosencrantz

I would think that Ethan, Jay and Ben would all have been offered the same kind of deal as Sonny and Harry. They just came to a different decision.

Memphis09

I would think that Ethan, Jay and Ben would all have been offered the same kind of deal as Sonny and Harry. They just came to a different decision.
The wrong decision

Rosencrantz

The wrong decision
Too early to judge yet. Many different pathways to success.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The wrong decision
Though we weren't as sound a financial position then as we are now. Maybe what we can offer these youngsters now makes them think twice about moving on?

Rosencrantz

Though we weren't as sound a financial position then as we are now. Maybe what we can offer these youngsters now makes them think twice about moving on?
Maybe the boys have examples to look at also, here and elsewhere which the previous lads didn't. Ollie being the obvious example as he hadn't hit the England big time at that point.

I actually don't think he'll be phased at all. His style reminds me a bit of Alan Gow, super relaxed but with something outstanding at any moment. Seems to have the right attitude where AG clearly never "wanted it" to play at the higher level that his ability deserved.

For me he goes in immediately ahead of the Conf South destined Seymour, even though I think he might do better as a no.10 ultimately.
I take deep exception to this.

Great news! Let’s hope he hits the ground running this season…I reckon him and Lee will be starters by Christmas!

Grecian Max

I'm not sure...

You'd think that the club would have learnt about what's happened previously and developed a strategy that would attempt to retain these lads for longer. EPPP makes it difficult, but not impossible, especially when dealing with kids of 16. There's a lot of benefit spending another couple of years with us - at 16 I would have hated to move away from my home and friends, but at 18 I was ready.