• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
most business is done late in January.......
I did look at the numbers from last year and whilst deadline day has a spike in activity, most business is concluded before

ryancooper327

2 more as I’m greedy and I’ll be buzzing. CDM and a RWB. I fear for how weak Rankine and Niskanen are.

Would prefer both higher up the pitch or even as a back up to someone with a bit more WB prowess.

Bridgy 81

On the face of it these look like 2 really good signings. Add to these Purrington and Harris and its undeniably been a really good window which is notoriously difficult, particularly for clubs like us, in January.

So perhaps the doomers who were stressing 2 weeks into the window will learn to chill out a bit and realise most business is done late in January.......oh but we haven't signed a striker and we probably won't, what a massive fuk up from the club, we're a shambles, we were promised a striker, the communication is shit blah blah feckin blah.

The 4 signings thus far and the 2 recent away league wins have made this month look incredible if you think where we were 6 weeks ago.
Plus the young lad Cummins and although I appreciate he’s one who’s more for the future we’ll hopefully look back on his signing in a year or so as a great bit of business.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 more as I’m greedy and I’ll be buzzing. CDM and a RWB. I fear for how weak Rankine and Niskanen are.

Would prefer both higher up the pitch or even as a back up to someone with a bit more WB prowess.
I don't think it's greed. We're still a single injury away from having to field quite a wonky team in a couple of positions.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

I think we might get to see more of Rankine now we have a proper striker for him to feed. In recent weeks his performances have alligned with the teams in terms of improvement but the one thing I have noticed is that whilst he might want to whip a cross in first time he's not been able to because Coxy isn't exactly somebody you can knock a ball in the air to. Therefore he has had to drive in so he's in a better position to play a more precise ball into Cox or pull back for Aitch, Harris or even Cole.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it's greed. We're still a single injury away from having to field quite a wonky team in a couple of positions.
Perhaps Ryan can produce his little squad formation graphic as I think we are light on the right/centre defensive particularly if Aimson goes. Also the muted possibilities of Au revoir Alex and Harry and with only two days to go anything could happen, hope we have plans afoot

Average Joe

Personally I'd be happy with that.

4 new players this January and as per supporter request we have purchased a decent striker.

I've seen Ali play, he's class.

Not sure how much we've paid for him but we have a good striker on our hands, he runs his socks off, cuts in, shoots from far.

Perfect for what we need

Smithyno6

4 new players this January and as per supporter request we have purchased a decent striker.

Not sure how much we've paid for him but we have a good striker on our hands, he runs his socks off, cuts in, shoots from far.

Perfect for what we need
100K W/ 50K of it upfront

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Perfect for what we need
Does your Rovers contact have an update about the Kite situation?

JGrecian23

On the face of it these look like 2 really good signings. Add to these Purrington and Harris and its undeniably been a really good window which is notoriously difficult, particularly for clubs like us, in January.

So perhaps the doomers who were stressing 2 weeks into the window will learn to chill out a bit and realise most business is done late in January.......oh but we haven't signed a striker and we probably won't, what a massive fuk up from the club, we're a shambles, we were promised a striker, the communication is shit blah blah feckin blah.

The 4 signings thus far and the 2 recent away league wins have made this month look incredible if you think where we were 6 weeks ago.
Agree with you. As one of the doomers you are probably referring to, I am very happy with the business done today.

I'm not as excited by Harris and Purrington but that's just my personal viewpoint.

I would have liked the business done earlier (Eisa said today that it's dragged on a long time). The reason was I thought we would be too short on quality to win any games in January,.so thought we were chucking away valuable points. Few wins later and I've been proven wrong on that.