• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Ryan can produce his little squad formation graphic as I think we are light on the right/centre defensive particularly if Aimson goes. Also the muted possibilities of Au revoir Alex and Harry and with only two days to go anything could happen, hope we have plans afoot
We do have Fitzwater back now remember who can play right or centre. If Aimson does go, which I think will be a shame, I can see a similar signing to Purrington, right sided, being sought. We do look like we have switched to a back four but with still the capability of playing a three.

wiveygrecian

a was
Personally I'd be happy with that.

4 new players this January and as per supporter request we have purchased a decent striker.

I've seen Ali play, he's class.

Not sure how much we've paid for him but we have a good striker on our hands, he runs his socks off, cuts in, shoots from far.

Perfect for what we need
5 signings so far . Charlie Cummins don’t forget who could be a great find and will get some games later in the season if things go well

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not for me as another striker would freeze Sonny out of the picture which would be a backward step
Seems much of the country share your concerns

Screenshot_20240130_200344_X.jpg

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 more as I’m greedy and I’ll be buzzing. CDM and a RWB. I fear for how weak Rankine and Niskanen are.

Would prefer both higher up the pitch or even as a back up to someone with a bit more WB prowess.
I watched Niskanen whilst up at Oakwell on Saturday. He was far from weak and was excellent throughout the game. Personally feel we need to be more patient with him as a player who plays for his national team has to have something about him

Average Joe

Does your Rovers contact have an update about the Kite situation?
nope. It's all gone silent. I personally don't think it's going ahead.

ryancooper327

Perhaps Ryan can produce his little squad formation graphic as I think we are light on the right/centre defensive particularly if Aimson goes. Also the muted possibilities of Au revoir Alex and Harry and with only two days to go anything could happen, hope we have plans afoot
1706645374693.png

1706645840898.png

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does your Rovers contact have an update about the Kite situation?
He's giving Intheknow a call as we speak :ROFLMAO:

Average Joe

He's giving Intheknow a call as we speak :ROFLMAO:
Nope, It's a friend I speak to most days.

I guess they may wait for the contract to run out

denzel

Apropos nothing, Nouble is playing for Livingston tonight. The BBC are showing him playing on the left wing.
And they are losing to Ross County..

Rosencrantz

It's certainly looking like a good transfer window now although you can never really judge until things settle down over the next few weeks. A good mix of signing profiles as well, a couple of experienced players at this level, a couple of promising youngsters and one for the future. Three permanent signings on long term contracts, the chance of Eisa signing permanently at the end of the season. Also different markets, Scotland, Ireland, PL2, lower leagues and NL.

I still fancy some more movement in the next couple of days but pretty happy with what we have now.