• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Bridgy 81

The Real EFL are reporting Cole Stockton could be on his way of
Burton ,Carlisle are interested.
So could we persuade him to relocate to sunny Devon.
I very much doubt it.
He’s from the North West and Burton is the farthest South he’s ever been (in a footballing sense).

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
did a fine job at Morecambe and looked a decent player last game of last season when he scored a screamer from
memory at the big bank end

would be a good option - he’s a scouser so unlikely to relocate i’d imagine

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
did a fine job at Morecambe and looked a decent player last game of last season when he scored a screamer from
memory at the big bank end

would be a good option - he’s a scouser so unlikely to relocate i’d imagine
Unless he can car share with GC & Perks - Doesn't GC require a driver now ?
UTC

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Burton i assume over spent on him, Blackman and Harper so perhaps looking to re-balance the books for january. however, the obvios question why would a club likely to be flirting with the bottom 4 be getting rid of a proven striker? can only assume the injury he has only just come back from was extremely serious

Ash

If Gary makes it until January which i’m sure he will then it’s pretty obvious where we need to strengthen and i’m sure he and the club know that.

We need someone who can a) score a goal but as important we need someone who can lead the line and make us a threat as without the addition of an attacker or 2 we could well be heading back to league 2 sadly
Not could be heading back to league two, WILL be 😞

Ash

He also signed Aimson who is pretty decent although maybe not skipper material and Niskanen who was also looking good before he got injured on international duty. Another of his loan signings was McDonald, also class.

I think overall his signings have been good, the only problem is the strikers innit!
Well, that and the results
Yeah I take the point but we're operating at a higher level where we were probably always bound to struggle. I mean, MT certainly improved some players when here but how many did he improve at Rotherham? Presumably not many. Maybe GC is in a similar position here.
I wonder how many Chesterfield and Partick players GC improved? Judging by the all too familiar implosion that happened at both clubs under his watch, not many!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, that and the results
I wonder how many Chesterfield and Partick players GC improved? Judging by the all too familiar implosion that happened at both clubs under his watch, not many!
Even GC must be doubting himself with history repeating itself for a third time.

He's lucky he's with us as he'll get plenty of time to turn things around. Any other club and he'd be gone by now and I doubt he'd get another job in EFL management. His CV would look absolutely horrific.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need 4 signings in January to have any hope of avoiding relegation

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least two strikers with reasonable experience, one experienced CM and one or more brick shiphouse defenders

CC

3 players and one manager?