• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wash your mouth out!!!!

Was it 96 goals in 10 years. He was not perfect by any stretch but certainly wasn't useless and he also turned down numerous opportunities to leave the club across those 10 years.
We should have taken the money...

DawlishBouy

OK Spireitein peace, you've made your point on 3 or 4 occasions now and it's getting a bit tedious for those of us who want to give GC a fair crack of the whip.

Might I suggest that if you're proved right, by all means come back in a few months time and say I told you so. Equally if you're wrong, and we finish in say lower mid-table, you come back and acknowledge that GC has done OK.

In the meantime, as this is a thread about the January transfer window, then unless you have any constructive suggestions to make other than don't let him sign anyone, it's probably time for you to peace off.
Two months on are we reaching the point Spireitein peace can come back and say "told you so"?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We should have taken the money...
In fairness we did try but he was happy at the club.

AndyR

Two months on are we reaching the point Spireitein peace can come back and say "told you so"?
No, we're going through a bad period but we're still in lower mid-table. I'm not enjoying it at the moment but after a couple of one goal away defeats, it's all getting a bit hysterical on here.

And Spireite in peace suggested that we don't allow GC to sign anyone. Well with the possible exception of Scott, his signings have strengthened the squad in a situation where we were, and still are, faced with losing a considerable number of players this Summer from what was previously a very thin squad.

I was a big fan of KMT but if you look at the Championship table, he isn't exactly ripping up trees at Rotherham and I think, like us, they have scored one goal in the last 4 games too. And as for talk of Tisdale coming back, forget it, that would be my season-ticket gone and I suspect quite a lot of others too.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of loanee kids from higher league clubs who had neither the stomach or the ability for the relegation fight. I don’t think anyone can remember them, either that or we’ve collectively shut down that area of our minds for fear of regression.
I cannot describe in words how poor a manager he was of our club!
First sentence of this....

Grecian Max

Jesus

Please forgive us Chestefield fans!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would appear he doesn't learn from his past mistakes.

Banksy

Bodes ill doesn’t it?
Perhaps send a copy to the Board!

• Love
Reactions: Ash

Boyo

Err, Sinisalo, Trevitt and Rankine are all decent, right?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If Gary makes it until January which i’m sure he will then it’s pretty obvious where we need to strengthen and i’m sure he and the club know that.

We need someone who can a) score a goal but as important we need someone who can lead the line and make us a threat as without the addition of an attacker or 2 we could well be heading back to league 2 sadly