• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He joined Exeweb in 2013 and has only posted just over 100 times in all that time..yet here he is posting every 5 mins..Based in Cornwall..I think he’s trying to play you guys.🥳
I could name a number of posters who prove there’s no correlation between post-count and talking sense, but I won’t 😉

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I could name a number of posters who prove there’s no correlation between post-count and talking sense, but I won’t 😉
how dare you 😀

gui

I have you wrong Malcom.
I've met and spoken to Gui a fair few times over the years when I was in Reception and the Club Shop.

A positive bloke and a City fan.
Thank you my friend .
See you soon .
Cheers,
Gui,

malcolms

I have you wrong Malcom.
I've met and spoken to Gui a fair few times over the years when I was in Reception and the Club Shop.

Fair enough.

A Slacker

Felt obliged to post as I hear you get stick if you don't post very often.

My circumstances have changed and I have moved from a season ticket holder about ten years ago to an occasional visitor. Last night was my first game of the season.

There is no comparison between what I witnessed at the end of last season and what I watched last night. This was a relatively poor football team who have an inability to keep hold of the ball. There was little style, no flowing football but an encouraging tenacity and resilience. I fully appreciate that the recent run has dictated this way of playing but silky it wasn't.

The first half was dull, the second was much better with a more attacking threat from both sides. Realistically we never looked like scoring and with our record this season, wasn't expecting us too. A draw was a fair result and a good result against a very ordinary looking top of the table side.

Real positives for me were Diabete, Cox and Sinsalo.

I really hope that signings can be made which allow for more creativity and threat.

Grecian Max

Ties in with a rumour I heard re Harry Kite....
What, that’s he’s off to Rovers?

Grecian Max

I rather play ‘ boring ‘ like you said and not concede goals than to play wide open and to get smashed every game .
You can’t have it both ways pal .
With Caldwell, we get both! 🥳

Grecian Max

Haha Niskanen 9/10? 😄 cheers for the review Stevie Wonder
Made me spit out my coffee 😂😂😂

Grecian Max

I have you wrong Malcom.

I’ll have whatever he’s on

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Felt obliged to post as I hear you get stick if you don't post very often.

My circumstances have changed and I have moved from a season ticket holder about ten years ago to an occasional visitor. Last night was my first game of the season.

There is no comparison between what I witnessed at the end of last season and what I watched last night. This was a relatively poor football team who have an inability to keep hold of the ball. There was little style, no flowing football but an encouraging tenacity and resilience. I fully appreciate that the recent run has dictated this way of playing but silky it wasn't.

The first half was dull, the second was much better with a more attacking threat from both sides. Realistically we never looked like scoring and with our record this season, wasn't expecting us too. A draw was a fair result and a good result against a very ordinary looking top of the table side.

Real positives for me were Diabete, Cox and Sinsalo.

I really hope that signings can be made which allow for more creativity and threat.
I guess people's view on the game depends on what they're comparing it to! I was pretty pleased with how competitive we are, but it's a big downgrade to when we had a lot more quality 12 months ago.