• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Mansfield Town Match Day Thread

muppetdodger

They were a typical Nigel Clough side. Hang in there, waste time continually until going behind etc etc. Not sure I saw clough do anything positive on the touchlines just seemed to berrate everyone and everything. He most definitely is not a chip off the old block. I remember Burton came to our place once and were wasting time from about the 12th minute. Two questions though, why oh why do Refs allow it to continue; warn once then book them, and when will teams learn that timewasting rarely wins through and all it does is give you less time to get back into it if needed. You can see why Mansfield are struggling.

muppetdodger

I know Nombe may have been desperate to score but he really needs to look up more. When through on goal towards the end he only had to pass the ball across to Brown(?) for an easy tap in, but chose to shoot. A recurring observation.
To be fair, he was probably playing with David wheelers record in the back of his mind.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know Nombe may have been desperate to score but he really needs to look up more. When through on goal towards the end he only had to pass the ball across to Brown(?) for an easy tap in, but chose to shoot. A recurring observation.
When a striker in the form Nombe is in starts squaring passes instead of taking the shot on, it's time to start worrying.

STURTZ

When a striker in the form Nombe is in starts squaring passes instead of taking the shot on, it's time to start worrying.
Well you're the one asking for more assists from our top goalscorer!

Antony Moxey

You mean like the Leicester striker did for Madison to win the game with a tap in after scoring four in Europe in midweek? Yeah, I’d be dead worried 🙄

paperclip

To be fair, he was probably playing with David wheelers record in the back of his mind.
I'll give Nombe the benefit of the doubt as we were 2-1 up at the time and Mansfield looked very unlikely to score again. If that incident had happened at 1-1 however and we had failed to win the game then I would have been livid, record or no record. See also the attempt where he hit the outside of the post.

grecIAN Harris

Well you're the one asking for more assists from our top goalscorer!
Who is also supposed to be our playmaker supreme and it is what is expected of him. That's what he is in the side to do. Nombe's job is putting the ball in the back of the net. Nothing more, nothing less.

STURTZ

Naughty Matt Jay to keep scoring goals, subs bench for you my lad, you're supposed to be a midfielder!

Antony Moxey

Who is also supposed to be our playmaker supreme and it is what is expected of him. That's what he is in the side to do. Nombe's job is putting the ball in the back of the net. Nothing more, nothing less.
Rubbish.

Red Monster

Which manager in is right mind would bench his top scorer
on the off chance we would score more goals.
I like Amond but you do realise not only hasn’t he scored
this season he only scored once in his last 31 games at
Newport last season.