• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oxford United Matchday Thread

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not helped by a keeper who fails to take control of his area and merely complains about being obstructed.
Codge,

I think that's very fair comment. I just wonder what George Hunter would be thinking if he had the chance to see it.

older-codger

Well Bob Wilson was there and he probably was grief stricken

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
For sure, that would help. However, I have a certain sympathy for him...he had no help from anyone in the box....I choose my words carefully but I have rarely seen three goals given away in such a fashion...It was criminal.....
Off topic so apologies for that but Malc, seriously, have a bit of self respect: "for sure"??? You're not a German F1 driver y'know.

malcolms

Off topic so apologies for that but Malc, seriously, have a bit of self respect: "for sure"??? You're not a German F1 driver y'know.
Hating F1 with a vengeance, as I do, it had not occurred to me.... I'll bear it in mind for the future....

Number13

I'm not bothering to go next week after that performance and I'm a season ticket holder! I will give my ticket to someone who gives a F@ck
Geniune offer?

Number13

If he just picked our best 11, in their best positions, then he would have no way of being "clever" week to week which has got him to 500 games. Turkeys dont vote for Xmas..............

STURTZ

I was trying not to comment on how bad the 2nd goal was too.....ran straight through the centre of midfield without a tackle of any sort being made....Harley ran with him for 20 metres and clearly decided that he was too good a player to get his hands dirty with making a challenge....
Goal resulted from Nicholls being dispossessed in a promising position on the edge of their box, it was the lack of our organisation skills that led to their fast break cutting through our defence. Happened on several occasions.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was trying not to comment on how bad the 2nd goal was too.....ran straight through the centre of midfield without a tackle of any sort being made....Harley ran with him for 20 metres and clearly decided that he was too good a player to get his hands dirty with making a challenge....
As did Aaron Davies. And the highlights failed to show MOTM Alex Nicholls giving possession away in the build up.

Why would Tis (or any of us) expect Harley to dive in with a sliding tackle when he never really has in the past? Tis should know that (rightly or wrongly) he doesn't do that and provide cover by way of an enforcer in midfield if he picks Harley.

LOG

Running alongside the person with the ball without actually ever looking likely to put in a challenge is something we seem to be quite good at.

manc grecian

Everyone knows we can't defend crosses mainly because we have a team of dwarfs. How about a more concerted effort to stop the crosses coming in. These are the basic sort of things that should be sorted in training.

As for the second just bring him down and get a yellow. Amateurish.