• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oxford United Matchday Thread

OmanGrecian

Surprised this hasn't been started yet.

Somehow we are only 8 points off playoffs. Although I'm not confident, it is still do-able. Knowing City, we will go and beat Oxford tonight and Stevenage on Saturday. Fans will start to get their hopes up again.

Here's hoping for 3 points. COME ON CITY!!!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last chance saloon tonight I think.

Although 8 points doesn't sound like a lot it could be 11 points by the end of tonight and, more problematically, there could be 8 teams (that's 1/3 of the league) between us and a playoff place if we lose and other results go against us. I don't think we'd be able to overcome that.

We need a win. Come on City.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
In terms of attitude and commitment the players need to treat this like the FA Cup final or a Play Off final tonight and give absolutely everything, critical game now........UTC

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not holding out much hope but will be there tonight. UTC

weave

Would love a win tonight, Come on you mighty Grecians!

Terryhall

Absolutely need a win. Would love to be proved wrong on my prediction of us getting a beating.

Red Monster

We'll see if thats the case at 7:45pm

KEMAR Roofe says he will have no hesitation to play through the pain as Oxford United count their walking wounded ahead of the trip to Exeter City tonight (7.45).

Yesterday morning only 13 fit senior professionals reported for training, with several knocks to unnamed players sustained over the weekend.

Although a couple of doubts may clear up in time to play the Grecians, United will not be at full strength as they look for a response to back-to-back home defeats.

A tight groin has seen Roofe withdrawn in two of the last three games, but the side’s top scorer is happy to play on if the club’s medical staff give him the green light.

David Treharne

Glorious mid-winter day. Bright sunshine and 6c, with a NNW wind barely moving the trees.10% cloud cover, and no rain in the last 24 hours. I'll update around 17:00, as I'm certain it will not be sunny by then, and could be very chilly!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the great joys of my life is to have the Champions League on the telly with the sound down while listening to City on internet radio. I try to enjoy every game without getting all anguished about the result. A stronger performance from our star players tonight is what's important, them getting their feet back and dominating more. Hoping to see Noble soon back on the bench at least.

citizen

Going this evening. No idea who Mr Tisdale will pick ,hopefully a decent game and not a waste of money again! UTC.