• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

DawlishBouy

His injury was FOUR years ago, I think? He would've been 19. a million pound rated teenager, smashing it in the SPL. He's not been that player since. I mean, I haven't watched him before and after other than for us, but he was getting rave reviews before (and someone decided to cough up a million) and then everyone thought he was awful afterwards... Stands to reason it's the injury that did for him
James Scott injury record:
May 2018 - broken toe
Jan 2020 - first training session with Hull he stood on a marker cone and suffered ankle ligament damage that ruled him out for the rest of the season.
July 2022 - shin splints (followed by a series of niggling injuries thoughout the 2022/23 season)
Sep 2023 - knee injury

As with so many unlucky footballers injuries are going to prevent him having a career to match his talent.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now the poor fella can't even jump.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I notice they are now playing Freed from desire as the players applaud the fans. They never used to play music? Is it to drown out any potential negativity?

Markbb87

I notice they are now playing Freed from desire as the players applaud the fans. They never used to play music? Is it to drown out any potential negativity?
No I don’t think so, they only play it when we win don’t they so I don’t think they’ll be negativity anyway.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He scored 6 for Motherwell in 3 seasons and 4 for Hibs in one season on loan. Not exactly smashing it.

Why on earth Hull paid 1m quid for him I'll never know. Absolute madness.

Maybe it was the injury that changed him, but you'd think he still show glimpses of being a footballer.
Or even glimpses of wanting to try.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

Images coming in from the moon and indeed Reece Cole’s lost ball has reached the moon. Rumours the person inside the spacesuit is Harry Kite who after being tried at right back, has now been demoted to ball boy!
View attachment 14402
Are you sure that's not the ball from Chris Waddle's penalty in the 1990 World Cup? That is still said to be circulating around in the earths upper orbit.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Grigg's on fire...

grecIAN Harris

How did Sinisalo let in that shot for their goal from the very edge of the penalty area, on his near post? I take it he was obstructed, because if he wasnt, that was a poor goal to concede.
Pete, don't forget to take your medication again because it sounds like you need it. The Carlisle player couldn't have hit any better if he tried, first time and it went in like a bullet as close to the post as he could get it without actually hitting the post all along the deck.

manc grecian

It worked well after the luton game and now they've got carried away and do it every time we win (not very often). Like the status quo overkill.