• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should have been out of sight in first 20 mins but the "new Wycombe" (aka Cheltenham) pushed, pulled and outgamed us and sadly our 2nd best was not as good as their best in 2nd half.
Sadly another goal where a player lost his man in the box.
Need players urgently - looks like we've lost one Sam & it looks like the other is playing with an injury (hopefully today's 97 minutes does not make things worse).

WANTED
1. Any Grecian with a Lear jet at Exeter airport that can ferry Jevani between games in UK & Austria
2. A striker (hopefully 2)
3. A defender to cover injuries
4. A game changer player

UTC

wiveygrecian

Two very poor sides competing today. Looked like a very bad, disjointed League Two game. I thought Archie Collins had some classy moments but everyone else looked poor. Diabate in the second half especially just kept putting the ball out of play trying to recreate his through ball to Matt Jay from the Wycombe game.

On top of that, I had the misfortune of sitting in front of 4 ECFC Women's players who were criticising and swearing at the players throughout. I would have thought they'd be a bit more appreciative of the team which literally subsidises their entire existence but, much like the England Women's team who also depend entirely on subsidies from the men's game, all they could offer was criticism and negativity. Very frustrating to have to listen to; particularly when I know exactly how low the standard of their matches is.
Poor you mate having to listen to them thinking they know what they are talking about!!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
We had 12 corners today, Cheltenham a big fat zero. 12 corners and we did nothing with them.

As much as I like him, why did Archie Collins take every single one of the 12? Surely we could have mixed it up a bit. I have no time for short corners.

Cheltenham should be ashamed of their appalling time-wasting tactics and the ref similarly for failing to stamp it out.

I hope they finish bottom.

iscalad

Poor you mate having to listen to them thinking they know what they are talking about!!
No need for that sort of comment.

jrg333

It was their negativity I complained about. I was quite specific. They called Diabate "sh**" and were just groaning at every missed pass. I'm used to hearing clueless people shouting from the stands behind me, but it's more grating when it's fellow footballers, and even more so given their dependence on the men's first team.

To be fair I wrote my comment in anger, which was a bad idea. Back to the game, I should have added that we did start brightly in the first 30 mins and the quick passing was reminiscent of the final 30 versus Wycombe. That actually felt like League One football, or at least what I was expecting more of in this division. Cheltenham and Wycombe both looked like bog standard League Two sides.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
This total dominance has got 0-1 written all over it.
You are a very wise man Mr Tarr ;)

wiveygrecian

No need for that sort of comment.
Oh yes there was!

Red Devon

We had 12 corners today, Cheltenham a big fat zero. 12 corners and we did nothing with them.

As much as I like him, why did Archie Collins take every single one of the 12? Surely we could have mixed it up a bit. I have no time for short corners.

I hope they finish bottom.
Cheltenham‘s only strength was the height of their back five hence why they won practically every header at the back all afternoon.

dommers

I'm not convinced the club fully understands. Matt has said in multiple interviews that club need to understand our situation and give him more. Don’t see why he would say that if it isn’t the case. Feel sorry for him at this point.
I disagree I think they do understand and aren't prepared to give the manager money we don't have, quite rightly so in my opinion. I think Taylor needs to understand that he has a budget and has to work within that

Banksy

Should have been out of sight in first 20 mins but the "new Wycombe" (aka Cheltenham) pushed, pulled and outgamed us and sadly our 2nd best was not as good as their best in 2nd half.
Sadly another goal where a player lost his man in the box.
Need players urgently - looks like we've lost one Sam & it looks like the other is playing with an injury (hopefully today's 97 minutes does not make things worse).

WANTED
1. Any Grecian with a Lear jet at Exeter airport that can ferry Jevani between games in UK & Austria
2. A striker (hopefully 2)
3. A defender to cover injuries
4. A game changer player

UTC
You forgot 5. Guzz. A miracle if we find them