• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting take, I've not seen that on here? I think the additional funds required for C&F are part of life and no doubt have affected the playing budget, the way we're run means it all comes out of a limited pot after all, however that money is labelled.
This again. The money to cover the original build cost for the C&F development was never part of the playing budget. Only one third of the transfer income goes to the playing budget. The cost of the development would have been covered primarily by a third of thee £4m+ (roughly £1.4m?) we got when Ollie moved to Villa and topped up by a third of Randall's sale to Peterborough £600k).

The additional costs you mention were covered by the Trust loan, so again not part of MT's playing budget.

You could argue that the playing budget should be allocated more from transfer income but that's not how we've been operating so it is a false claim.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
This again. The money to cover the original build cost for the C&F development was never part of the playing budget. Only one third of the transfer income goes to the playing budget. The cost of the development would have been covered primarily by a third of thee £4m+ (roughly £1.4m?) we got when Ollie moved to Villa and topped up by a third of Randall's sale to Peterborough £600k).

The additional costs you mention were covered by the Trust loan, so again not part of MT's playing budget.

You could argue that the playing budget should be allocated more from transfer income but that's not how we've been operating so it is a false claim.
Need a brick wall??

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've had my moan so now the positives. Stubbs completed an hour. Nombe lasted the whole game. Jamal showed himself to be a good signing again. A first team L1 appearance for Sonny Cox. None of our academy products look out of place in this division. A near 6000 crowd.

Any more?

STURTZ

Yeah, the pasties were hot.

denzel

Pitch still looks great