• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2017

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was it raining and we offered to play them at rugby instead :)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mmm, those naughty Aussies

What on earth were they thinking? The 'leadership group' decided to give the rookie in the team some tape to rough the ball up with. Smith should sacked as captain and banned from international cricket for at least 6 months. Prat

geoffwp

Smith is screwed. Looks like he will be sacked very soon. Others will doubtless follow. What gets me is that the seniors went to a lad who only had 8 tests to get him to act. Fekkin cowards.

Alistair20000

Main item on BBC news tonight.

Not Proper Chaps.

A lot of heads need to roll.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What amazes me so far is how Lehmann appears to be Teflon - given it was he who gave the signal for Bancroft to hide the evidence he clearly knew.

While the ICC punishment was derisory (they're extremely weak generally when it comes to discipline), I suspect Cricket Australia won't be particularly forgiving.

As I said over on FB, schadenfreude isn't a decent trait normally, but when it's Smith and Warner being taken down I can make an exception. With all the crap going on in my life currently (flooding the downstairs neighbour's bedroom on Friday night the latest in a long line of mishaps) it perked me up no end!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

In the light of Malcolm Turnball's comments and those of other past great players Cricket Australia will be under a lot of pressure to impose meaningful punishment on top of the pusillanimous response from the ICC.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
[video=youtube;S1kAp1WBwV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1kAp1WBwV8[/video]

Alistair20000

What amazes me so far is how Lehmann appears to be Teflon - given it was he who gave the signal for Bancroft to hide the evidence he clearly knew.
The Telegraph reports as an "exclusive" that Lehmann will fall on his boomerang.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Telegraph reports as an "exclusive" that Lehmann will fall on his boomerang.
Hopefully it's sticking up at the time.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The lovely David Warner has been identified as "the issue". He's likely to be banished from the Australia side for good.

My heart bleeds for the chap. Really it does. I'm only giggling about something else I saw that was really funny.