• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2017

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The ECB will decide there is no case to answer, as Middx were batting at the time without a hint of a declaration.

Exe on Valdez

I wish they would get a move on. City will be putting the Ampadu money in the bank before this is resolved.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Middlesex initially said in unequivocal terms that they would not appeal. Why the volte face ? Not Proper Chaps (n)

I blame Grumpy Gus.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last month the Middlesex chief exec was quoted as saying there was "no scope" for an appeal. Any official protests from Middlesex should have been made at the time, not weeks later after they were relegated.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the submission was actually made a while back, but it has only just been "publicised" now because the ECB has agreed to hear the appeal.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's it, then. Somerset to stay, Middlesex to go.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, only right.

Maybe in future we won't faff around between deliveries and actually bowl our overs in good time.

Exe on Valdez

There's other counties I would have preferred to get relegated rather than Middlesex, even after this behaviour, but I am relieved that Somerset are safe.

Now it would be good to get back to 9 teams per division.

Alistair20000

Yep, only right.

Maybe in future we won't faff around between deliveries and actually bowl our overs in good time.
I'm not optimistic with all the lovely views of Chester-Le-Street, Grace Road, Canterbury, County Ground Derby etc that will attract the gaze of your boys.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Now it would be good to get back to 9 teams per division.
Not going to happen Sid.