• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst i was thankfully unable to watch the match today, i did hear snippets on the wireless.

It didn't sound like Fisher was getting much service, especially after Parkes was ejected, but my issue with him is that he doesn't appear to have the ability to read a game or anticipate the flow of play. It's like he's on a satellite delay.

Then again, i looked at the goals he has scored for us the other day and many of them won us points.

IndoMike

I was
Taylor claimed Seymour was knackered going into this game.

That is either incorrect or it shouldn't be the case.
I was also surprised.to hear that. Surely a young bloke who has scored his first goal for the first team should be fit and up for it.
The way Matt talks sometimes he makes it sound like our players are so fragile. In his heyday the pitches were often much worse than they are now and the fitness regimes/diet were less scientific, but I don't remember rotations happening so much.
Maybe times have changed, but I don't like rotation. From match to match just keep playing your best eleven, until they drop.

fred binneys head

... and Bolton :(. What a day
And Cambridge ☹

In the first half Seymour was clattered in the box after putting his shot wide. There were a few outstretched arms from city players towards the ref and a shout from the bench, but little more in the way of questioning a decision which looked as if it had been anywhere else on the pitch would have been a foul.

Contrast that to the reaction of the Crawley team to the Parkes tackle. They surrounded the ref and made a 50-50 decision much easier to make.

I hate the professionalism which says get in the ears of the officials, make a big deal at every decision because if you dont get this one you may get the next. However, if it means that we get done over time after time, I think we need to change.

dontpassback

And Argyle score in injury time. What a rubbish day.
Irrelevant team managed by an irrelevant scouser !

Legohead

Banned
Forest Green ahead v Col U.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't think Seymour looked tired.He tried to get into the game as much as possible and put the effort in.Was positioned more on the right side of the penalty box when he would have had more chance if was in the middle.

PeteUSA

How did Andresson play? Improved kicking etc? Or is that so far down the list of complaints i.e. crap referee, Crawleys tactics, that it didnt really matter?

rooecfc

How did Andresson play? Improved kicking etc? Or is that so far down the list of complaints i.e. crap referee, Crawleys tactics, that it didnt really matter?
his kicking was inconsistent like normal, mostly okay but three or four completely flat

Legohead

Banned
He's safe as houses with his hands. Comes for crosses. Makes lots of positive decisions and punches many crosses to safety. Good at saving shots too and very on his toes. Made a great save at near point blank from a header, although it was pretty much straight at him.

It's just his kicking. It is really poor at times and if there is one thing he 100% needs to seriously improve it is this.

I didn't quite know what happened with their second goal today though as the ball looked to go straight past him and onto the onrushing Crawley striker to finish when it looked like he could have comfortably claimed it. Unsure if there was some communication mix up.

Generally though, for such a young lad he's impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.