• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is so true. Indeed, any grassroots coach taking their initial FA coaching badges, will be taught the "England DNA". The slides below outline philosophy on the ball. You'll particularly hate the final paragraph.

View attachment 14948
This is one of the reasons that England have failed to win a trophy in 58 years ! :p

Jason

Think it was over 4k. We may lose a few hundred but it won't drop to 2k.
Agreed, we won't drop to 2K, but the level of drop surely depends on whether we go down, doesn't it? There's a lot more 'big games' in L1 than L2.

Also, in the seats especially, people want to retain access to the convenience and quality of view on offer with football in something of a boom these last few years. They're aware how quickly the best groups of seats tend to go.

Another consideration would be if prices were hiked to any significant degree, as there's clearly a seating supply and demand issue in SJP at present; especially for the more central blocks.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is one of the reasons that England have failed to win a trophy in 58 years ! :p
I think the fact that England have failed to win a trophy for 58 years is the reason why this was implemented.

Grecian Max

It's amazing how statistics are relevant only when they fit your point of view 🙂
That figures, seeing as you’ve only “liked” the statistics posts with positive spin ;)

Grecian Max

The Sackimites should organise a boycott, or walkout. If 60% of the fan base accurately reflect the Exeweb sample, and vote with their feet, he’d be gone.
Put away your fishing rod

Grecian Max

That applies across the board - many fans here and elsewhere are bemoaning the ‘modern’ possession game - risk averse, playing out from the back, often slowly. Players are taught it from a young age, drilled into them - we’re going to see an end to the ‘characters’ in the game at this rate.

Personally, I’d like to see an end to the ‘sweeper keeper’ - make them stay in the box where they belong.

Agree, season ticket sales and attendances will force change, probably the only things that will.
I like how you’ve now flipped to essentially saying everyone plays like this, deal with it 😂😂

Whilst possession football is more prevalent, I’ve seen much better game plans going forward this year than what Caldwell offers

It’s not about the general concept of retaining the ball, it’s what you do with it that’s the issue

Grecian Max

This is so true. Indeed, any grassroots coach taking their initial FA coaching badges, will be taught the "England DNA". The slides below outline philosophy on the ball. You'll particularly hate the final paragraph.

View attachment 14948
Again, there’s nothing wrong with possession football, it’s having an effective plan on translating the dominance on the ball into goals and wins. We have not been good at this, it’s an unarguable point surely. I’m sure you will attempt to, though.

You and Elgin seem to have dried up on arguments.

You’re both happy to wait and see and have a faith in the process. You like the PowerPoints. That’s cool. You’re not going to convince me and others that this is the only football style that Exeter fans deserve.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Think it was over 4k. We may lose a few hundred but it won't drop to 2k.
3,050 had been sold by 31st May. The 'Early Bird' deal (or whatever it is called now) ended on 2nd June. I don't think many normally get sold once the full price kicks in.

berniesworld

I could actually see old Cladwell getting excited about these stats and adding them to his latest spreadsheet……

“You wait until I show the board next week, I’m number 1 in one of the charts”

berniesworld

At this current time it's not looking likely we are going down.

Currently there's 8 worse teams then us, only 4 go down.
But they do have games in hand on us!