• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Ash

For the voters who voted GC out on the poll, I have a couple of questions.

1) Do you have a replacement in mind?
2) Where do you think we should be sitting in league 1?
3) How much and where will we find the budget to remove GC?

Will be interesting to know if anyone can even answer one of these questions truthfully.

We're too quick to want a change without actually realizing what it entails. in my opinion removing GC is out of our budget.
1) No I don't, it's not my job to find a replacement.

2) Not too far above where we are now tbh, just with a more entertaining style and with at least some hope of a few goals. You know, more than the 2 in every 3 games we are currently averaging at home.

3) We have the budget, that's been confirmed by the club chairman. Therefore we'll find from, erm, the budget!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, no, no and no! Please let's not wait for another window of Caldwell's recruitment.
It's not that I think all his signings have been shit - they haven't! But if we see another window of Caldwell recruitment it means he'll be allowed to set them up to pass, pass, pass, pass *crossing opportunity* nah **** that! pass, pass, pass, pass ******** that we've been subjected to for far too long!

Look I know I've been conspicuous by my lack of a definitive opinion. I know I've been afraid to put my views across. But FFS, I've finally had enough 🤣😜

CALDWELL OUT!!!

He might just keep us up. *JUST*

But can anyone remember when we looked less like scoring a goal? We average 2 goals every 3 home games!

Get him gone at the end of the season, no matter which division we find ourselves in!
I think your best bet is to big the guy up, then he may get an offer from a similar sized club closer to home and he might go for it. He's on the cusp of the club's second best finish in 40 years, attracting record numbers of sell-out crowds with his precision-oriented brand of possession football, and he even makes the time to help out with banners and stuff.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
An Argyle season ticket holder I know well is losing his mind over Foster.

The things he is moaning about is exactly the same as what we're going through, it's a bit odd.

It does make me wonder whether this is just modern football coaching.
I have a few friends whom are scummers and that opinion you have put across is pretty consistent with their views of Foster so far. One stated whom has seen some City games as well, said they may as well have appointed Caldwell and at least given us a shot of something better :ROFLMAO:

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Sackimites should organise a boycott, or walkout. If 60% of the fan base accurately reflect the Exeweb sample, and vote with their feet, he’d be gone.

paperclip

The Sackimites should organise a boycott, or walkout. If 60% of the fan base accurately reflect the Exeweb sample, and vote with their feet, he’d be gone.
Assuming the somewhat dull football seen at SJP continues until the end of this season, it will be very interesting to see what happens to season ticket numbers for next year. I can't see me renewing as things stand and my mates all feel the same. Will the board be concerned enough to do anything should a big drop in renewals occur?

elginCity

Assuming the somewhat dull football seen at SJP continues until the end of this season, it will be very interesting to see what happens to season ticket numbers for next year. I can't see me renewing as things stand and my mates all feel the same. Will the board be concerned enough to do anything should a big drop in renewals occur?
That applies across the board - many fans here and elsewhere are bemoaning the ‘modern’ possession game - risk averse, playing out from the back, often slowly. Players are taught it from a young age, drilled into them - we’re going to see an end to the ‘characters’ in the game at this rate.

Personally, I’d like to see an end to the ‘sweeper keeper’ - make them stay in the box where they belong.

Agree, season ticket sales and attendances will force change, probably the only things that will.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many season ticket holders are there this season? 3500?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 2000 next season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many season ticket holders are there this season? 3500?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 2000 next season.
Think it was over 4k. We may lose a few hundred but it won't drop to 2k.

Alistair20000

Personally, I’d like to see an end to the ‘sweeper keeper’ - make them stay in the box where they belong.
That would deny them coming up for the late corner.

Wonder what Pate thinks of this ?

Boyo

That applies across the board - many fans here and elsewhere are bemoaning the ‘modern’ possession game - risk averse, playing out from the back, often slowly. Players are taught it from a young age, drilled into them - we’re going to see an end to the ‘characters’ in the game at this rate.

This is so true. Indeed, any grassroots coach taking their initial FA coaching badges, will be taught the "England DNA". The slides below outline philosophy on the ball. You'll particularly hate the final paragraph.

1709820842405.png