• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
An Argyle season ticket holder I know well is losing his mind over Foster.

The things he is moaning about is exactly the same as what we're going through, it's a bit odd.

It does make me wonder whether this is just modern football coaching.
Some comfort seeing them struggle too. I still think both will just about stay up, but what a waste it would be for us if we go down and so do they..

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some comfort seeing them struggle too. I still think both will just about stay up, but what a waste it would be for us if we go down and so do they..
"Over coached"
"Boring"
"Don't know where the goals are coming from"
"Life has been sucked out of the place"

All things my Argyle mate has said...

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?!

Average Joe

At this current time it's not looking likely we are going down.

Currently there's 8 worse teams then us, only 4 go down.

CC

Currently there's 8 worse teams than us, only 4 go down.
Currently there’s 8 teams below us in the table, I wouldn’t say there’s 8 teams worse than us , that’s the problem.

Average Joe

Currently there’s 8 teams below us in the table, I wouldn’t say there’s 8 teams worse than us , that’s the problem.
If they are better then us, why are we above them in the table? Would you say West Ham are better then Arsenal?

At this current time it's not looking likely we are going down.

Currently there's 8 worse teams then us, only 4 go down.
It depends what you mean by currently - looking at the form table for the last 4 games there are only two worse than us: 1709808241511.png
Conversely if you look at the last 12 games there are 12 worse than us!

larrywilkie

It depends what you mean by currently - looking at the form table for the last 4 games there are only two worse than us: View attachment 14946
It's whatever you want to make of the stats though isn't it. If you look at last 12 games (arguably a much more representative sample) there are 12 teams "worse than us"
1709808464760.png

CC

If they are better then us, why are we above them in the table? Would you say West Ham are better then Arsenal?
Arsenal aren’t struggling to pick up points. If WHam get 5 more points than Arsenal in the next 8 games they are still behind them. We don’t have that cushion.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It depends what you mean by currently - looking at the form table for the last 4 games there are only two worse than us: View attachment 14946
Sounds like we should look at the last 23 games then, and we might be top!

Ash

I think it's entirely fair and appropriate to question why we don't score enough goals. Equally it's fair and appropriate to question why we concede far too many, and why we have such an abysmal goal difference. My point was responding to the comments which bemoned the fact we weren't scoring the right type of goal :love:
I have said this before but my short term goal is the survival this season of L1 status. Whilst many have made up their mind that Caldwell should go I'm still in the camp that I need to see what his summer recruitment brings forth and therefore can next season see a change to what we have endured this season. I can't answer that question now but will be happy to give a full and frank assessment by October.
No, no, no and no! Please let's not wait for another window of Caldwell's recruitment.
It's not that I think all his signings have been shit - they haven't! But if we see another window of Caldwell recruitment it means he'll be allowed to set them up to pass, pass, pass, pass *crossing opportunity* nah **** that! pass, pass, pass, pass ******** that we've been subjected to for far too long!

Look I know I've been conspicuous by my lack of a definitive opinion. I know I've been afraid to put my views across. But FFS, I've finally had enough 🤣😜

CALDWELL OUT!!!

He might just keep us up. *JUST*

But can anyone remember when we looked less like scoring a goal? We average 2 goals every 3 home games!

Get him gone at the end of the season, no matter which division we find ourselves in!