• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters
The point being no-one (presumably) on here knows the details of his contract so how can anyone claim he’s breached the terms of it? Besides, he probably said that as a mitigating circumstance to try and avoid a ban. There’s nothing to say he couldn’t employ a driver and thus be able to carry out that part of his job at least as easily as previously.
Apparently he was banned from driving when he joined Chesterfield and his assistant used to drive him to and from Alderley Edge, obviously much nearer than Devon.

tom_ecfc

Apparently he was banned from driving when he joined Chesterfield and his assistant used to drive him to and from Alderley Edge, obviously much nearer than Devon.
Jesus christ! As someone who drives for a living and sees daily the impact speeding drivers have, I have no sympathy for anyone who feels the need to speed and then to top it off tries to get out of it in court. Take the punishment and learn from it before you kill someone!!!

Memphis09

He does live here. In a flat. With Perks. He just drives home to see his family. You can't put where his wife lives or where his kids go to school in his contract, it's not the 19th century.
Ok

JGrecian23

You obviously don’t know much about football if you think aitchison is dreadful
What about Rankin Imre vil
Mitchell Trevithick 50% time you are having a laugh
You better go to specsavers
Great response. Appreciate the detailed expert analysis, see you on MNF next week.

gilbertshoot

Sounds like the proper chap we all know and love…first world problems mate!
Tell me about it! I remember when our Waitrose ran out of unicorn milk and balsamic

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tell me about it! I remember when our Waitrose ran out of unicorn milk and balsamic
Yep! Another Bath issue 😉

tom_ecfc

Yep! Another Bath issue 😉
Apparently bathing in unicorn milk in the norm in Bath!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a couple of things that always irked me from GC's first day, the first being the 'time' thing. The club also released a video of his first speech to the players and he just sounded like a headmaster talking to a bunch of 12 year olds after they've been naughty.

I also recall him telling the players in that video that 'yous are good enough for League One'. Well, yes they were. Not many of them left now unfortunately.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a couple of things that always irked me from GC's first day, the first being the 'time' thing. The club also released a video of his first speech to the players and he just sounded like a headmaster talking to a bunch of 12 year olds after they've been naughty.

I also recall him telling the players in that video that 'yous are good enough for League One'. Well, yes they were. Not many of them left now unfortunately.
I have always felt GC was a poor appointment and appreciate I have been pretty vocal about that, that doesn't mean I don't want us to win the next 10 matches straight playing fantastic free flowing football and for GC to become a club legend, as I have said elsewhere the preference is for GC to be successful, I Just do not believe he can or will be. It already appears he has mis managed his budget, mis managed the playing staff available and tactically cannot adjust. I think we are beginning to see just how much he held last seasons squad back and also how much they bailed him out (Although I personally felt that last season).

It is a weird position, I obviously want us to win football matches, but My concern is a win tonight might mean he gains extra time even if the win tonight is the only one we get between now and 1st January. The question is, is it better for our medium to long term prospects that we lose tonight and remove GC tomorrow? I personally think it is. But even then will a defeat tonight mean he is removed tomorrow? Probably not. SO I think we can only hope we have a massive turn around in form and things begin to click better. Even if we manage to avoid the drop this season with GC In charge all season, I think the end of the season there would still be a serious debate about whether he is the right person for the club.

Smithyno6

I’ve decided to go.

I want us to lose, I want it to turn toxic and I want him to go.

This wasn’t good enough this season and it’s not good enough now.

We are getting absolutely pumped by teams and I don’t see a way forward. We say, he can look at January to get a striker but he went and got Scott & Muskwe who are crap.

Clubs will laugh and push us to the highest maximum for their bench player and even then, who would want to join a team rotting like this.

Never want us to lose but tonight I do for the longevity of the club and our league one status.