• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Breach of contract for Caldwell. The club could sack him, but they won't because they want to protect their reputation as a family club. Although in this instance business should come first.
Maybe the board are more ruthless than we've given them credit for and they've allowed him to stay in place that little bit longer until he can be removed without his contract being paid in full.

Seems massively unlikely though, admittedly.

sign of the chimes

Were these seats Caldwell signings @thistle123?

1701120821519.png

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What’s the breach?
No-ones seen the contract have they, so who knows. But if he's stated on the record in a court of law that he's not able to carry out aspects of the role satisfactorily without being able to drive... I'm no lawyer, but if there's evidence he can't perform the role (beyond the results!)... I don't know. Maybe the club have more leverage in severance negotiations, at least?

thistle123

Previous poster suggested this win ratio was heavily spiked by cup games vs lower league clubs and that the league win % was something like 12.5%. This not the case?
IMG_20231127_213641.jpgworst manager at thistle and in the lowest league competition also.
28% in league.
33% league and cup combined. With the lowest level of competition we had "completed" in for decades

thistle123

Were these seats Caldwell signings @thistle123?

View attachment 13512
That was his training. He had the players run blindfolded from the pitch to the pie stall and back. That's a pre season pic btw

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No-ones seen the contract have they, so who knows. But if he's stated on the record in a court of law that he's not able to carry out aspects of the role satisfactorily without being able to drive... I'm no lawyer, but if there's evidence he can't perform the role (beyond the results!)... I don't know. Maybe the club have more leverage in severance negotiations, at least?
The point being no-one (presumably) on here knows the details of his contract so how can anyone claim he’s breached the terms of it? Besides, he probably said that as a mitigating circumstance to try and avoid a ban. There’s nothing to say he couldn’t employ a driver and thus be able to carry out that part of his job at least as easily as previously.

thistle123

SCAM

Too cold to be wearing that in Scotland :mad::mad:
It was in June. It was 30c that day.
15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon.

sign of the chimes

That was his training. He had the players run blindfolded from the pitch to the pie stall and back. That's a pre season pic btw
Haha - and just to be clear the seats pic was just an opportunity for the Caldwell gag, not any sort of slight at your club.

Is Kingsley still your mascot - absolutely loved it when he was unveiled?! Or (to keep this on-topic) did GC transfer him out?

Bat Fastard

As it happens, think the flat was in Seaton – which, FWIW, strikes me as very much not the sort of place you might expect a proper chap such as Tis to reside – but point taken.
spent a lot of time in seaton in the tisdale years, never saw or heard of the cheese being about....as you say egg, proper chaps were few and far between. I understand it’s far more presentable these days mind…

thistle123

Haha - and just to be clear the seats pic was just an opportunity for the Caldwell gag, not any sort of slight at your club.

Is Kingsley still your mascot - absolutely loved it when he was unveiled?! Or (to keep this on-topic) did GC transfer him out?
Kingsley is still there terrifying the next generation of fans. I think Kingsley was the only one that he didn't hound out the door.
It appeared to be just change for change sake. He had a reasonable squad and dismantled it.. it very quickly became apparent he wasn't a football manager.