• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

TotnesGrecian

His announcement says "long term" contract

To me, long term is longer than 2.5 years

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Rolling contract or fixed term?

elginCity

I don't think anyone knows, the common guess as he started partway through the season is 2.5 years I believe?
Sounds about right - up until the end of the 24/25 season ?

Locally, Michael Flynn signed a reported ‘long-term’ contract of 2.5 years, so gawd knows why our club doesn’t announce the term.

The deluder

Its longer than 2.5 yrs
The Board really should be held responsible for this. No wonder Tagg thinks he is still the right man for the job. We can’t afford to get rid of him if we wanted to.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumed it would be a 3 year contract, giving him a bit less than 2 years left. Not that my presumption is worth anything. Did he maybe get it extended when we were doing well?

Smithyno6

He should have been bargaining with us to even give him a chance with his track record! Really poor negotiating to have him for this long and to then be too afraid to sack him due to financial costs after a 1.2 mill sale of Nombe takes the ****.

Reactions: CTA

Antony Moxey

The only thing I would say regarding his contract is that it’s probably something and a half. If it were round numbers his contract would expire in the middle of a season so I’d imagine the club would prefer an end of season renewal date. Hopefully he either goes or has a miraculous turn around before the expiry date as otherwise he’s here, I’d imagine, to the end of next season which on current form would see us bottom of L2 and staring Conference football in the face.

TotnesGrecian

Several people Donning custom printed clothing with "Caldwell Out" or "SACK CALDWELL NOW" on it here tonight

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
ignore

Last edited:

geoffwp

Quiet as fart at a bible reading class on here tonight. Any comments? Do we look organised?