• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn’t realize he was a left back.
I thought he played further forward, either in midfield or even upfront?
He came through the ranks at City as a midfielder, which is where he played his handful of first team minutes.

Villa immediately got him playing left back, which is where he now features (though IIRC he played midfield when playing - and scoring in and winning - the FA Youth Cup final last season)

manc grecian

Not even a message over the fence.

Bastards

Rosencrantz

Ben on the bench for Villa tonight.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He didn't get on last night but I'm sure will benefit from the experience of being involved in the matchday squad. Watkins was excellent by all accounts

Bridgy 81

On the bench again for Villa’s match this afternoon at Newcastle.

andrew p long

Back on the bench today, after missing out last week.

Significantly first choice Villa left back Digne out injured today. 36 year old Ashley Young plays left back (Previous first choice left back Matt Targett is out on loan to Newcastle).

Kortney Hause, left footed centre back, is on the bench and I think he can play left back.

Bridgy 81

Back on the bench today, after missing out last week.

Significantly first choice Villa left back Digne out injured today. 36 year old Ashley Young plays left back (Previous first choice left back Matt Targett is out on loan to Newcastle).

Kortney Hause, left footed centre back, is on the bench and I think he can play left back.
We’re on the same wavelength.
I’ve just posted something very similar on the Premier League thread. I’d forgotten Ben had his own thread!
I didn’t know Hause can play left back though.

Bridgy 81

Shame he didn’t get on, especially as Villa were 4 up after 54 minutes plus the game ended that way with Southampton never close to getting back into it.

andrew p long

Shame he didn’t get on, especially as Villa were 4 up after 54 minutes plus the game ended that way with Southampton never close to getting back into it.
I thought the same - but did you see who Gerrard had to give game time to instead? The three subs who came on were
Bailey (£40m in the summer)
Buendia (£30m in the summer)
Sanson (former Champions League player, £15m last year)

Keeping them fit and happy may be quite important!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster