• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
All that way to play a reserve/youth team by the looks - magical.

Pete Martin (CTID)

All that way to play a reserve/youth team by the looks - magical.
.......and £2K+ for the pleasure?

Come on Credy......stop baiting Butch......he'll be off on one again soon.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its just how it reads on the press release , no ticket price , no stadium confirmed and it wont be the first team...

so it could be against a youth team or reserve side at there training ground or some tinpot stadium.

massive news.

Mackster

Its just how it reads on the press release , no ticket price , no stadium confirmed and it wont be the first team...

so it could be against a youth team or reserve side at there training ground or some tinpot stadium.

massive news.
It's just become a face saving exercise for the club, a game of some sorts just had to take place. It sounds like the game is taking place because we want it, Flu didn't sound that interested. To create any interest outside of ECFC, the game needed to take place before the World Cup, not after, and certainly not clashing with the start of the Brazilian season.

£2K is a massive mug-off for a PSF, but it does provide Butch & the boys a perfect cover story so they can go and investigate Chuckles, "Amazonian girls". Also you don't quite get this at Dagenham, I just wonder what the Flu will make of our motley crew of supporters:

Barum

Us too, but I have been warned that if we don't buy the 'excellent value' tickets from the club, we'd have no chance of picking any up in Rio. Idle threat to increase summer revenue, or the result of South American agents managing the event?

What's your take/solution?
We also intend to watch Flu v Santos.

I see Vasco Da Gama have a game on the Saturday, proper old fashioned ground... Would love to do that one as we'll!

I also hear no tickets will be available in Rio...... I'm sure Lager Lout will keep you all posted. I don't know if it's seats or terracing, but whichever it might be advisable to buy in bulk if we all want to be together from the segregation perspective.

As previously posted, I have no wish to be around our management who contrived to keep us in League 2 by the skin of their collective teeth, and a photo call with Tisdale and his cronies is the last thing I want!!

I still believe £150 is a disgraceful amount to ask, and on principle I will only have this package as a last resort.

John

IndoMike

It's just become a face saving exercise for the club, a game of some sorts just had to take place. It sounds like the game is taking place because we want it, Flu didn't sound that interested. To create any interest outside of ECFC, the game needed to take place before the World Cup, not after, and certainly not clashing with the start of the Brazilian season.

£2K is a massive mug-off for a PSF, but it does provide Butch & the boys a perfect cover story so they can go and investigate Chuckles, "Amazonian girls". Also you don't quite get this at Dagenham, I just wonder what the Flu will make of our motley crew of supporters:

Nice work, Mackster

Barum

So I take it you're not going & would rather spend the time in Maidstone? ;)

Last edited:

Rog H K

(boffin) Wow!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, new to this thread, as no realistic chance of me going to Brazil.

Am I right in saying we initially approached the Brazilian national team for a commemorative fixture?

Then when they said no, we approached the club who play at the stadium which hosted the game 100 years ago?

They said yes, except that they already have a home fixture that weekend?

A board member then flew out to Brazil and lo, we have a hastily arranged Sunday fixture against the reserves or whatever?

No-one knows who is paying to send our squad and assorted hangers on to Brazil and accommodate them, etc..?

That none of this is tied in with the World Cup build up? Although some lower non-league club have casually arranged a fixture over there that is a part of the World Cup bandwagon?

That whilst all this has been going we we've shown our highly rated assistant manager the door. Said legend now has the Tranmere hot seat and has already snaffled two of our squad?

I'm sure those going will enjoy the sun, the girls, the beer etc before watching Coles et al get hammered by their youth team or whatever, and yes I'm a little jealous. But seriously, we are like beggars at the banquet of some wealthy guy we once went to school with, grateful for any little scrap of food he might throw us. When the national team said no, we should have swallowed our pride and walked away.

Once again: who is paying for all of this?

Last edited:

Barum

Okay, new to this thread, as no realistic chance of me going to Brazil.

Am I right in saying we initially approached the Brazilian national team for a commemorative fixture?

Then when they said no, we approached the club who play at the stadium which hosted the game 100 years ago?

They said yes, except that they already have a home fixture that weekend?

A board member then flew out to Brazil and lo, we have a hastily arranged Sunday fixture against the reserves or whatever?

No-one knows who is paying to send our squad and assorted hangers on to Brazil and accommodate them, etc..?

That none of this is tied in with the World Cup build up? Although some lower non-league club have casually arranged a fixture over there that is a part of the World Cup bandwagon?

That whilst all this has been going we we've shown our highly rated assistant manager the door. Said legend now has the Tranmere hot seat and has already snaffled two of our squad?

I'm sure those going will enjoy the sun, the girls, the beer etc before watching Coles et al get hammered by their youth team or whatever, and yes I'm a little jealous. But seriously, we are like beggars at the banquet of some wealthy guy we once went to school with, grateful for any little scrap of food he might throw us. When the national team said no, we should have swallowed our pride and walked away.

Once again: who is paying for all of this?
Yep, pretty much sums it up I think!

Except for the last sentence, which I believe no-one knows the answer, even with Mr. Chorlton's "openess & transparancy"!!