• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presumably if someone in England has sponsored this trip, they would want some kind of publicity for doing so. If Flum has sponsored the trip then they would want some sponsorship, too, unless the crowd itself is big enough to pay all the costs.
I think the University of Exeter was being touted as a partner but when I asked how much they were putting up there was silence...This is the issue, like with everything to do with the club, no information is ever forthcoming. I'm sure every sensible supporter would be behind this trip if it had been organised properly and the costs were covered. Unfortunately, neither fundamental is likely....

Antony Moxey

Okay, new to this thread, as no realistic chance of me going to Brazil.

Am I right in saying we initially approached the Brazilian national team for a commemorative fixture?
Given it's their centenary rather than ours I'd have thought **initially** it would have been the other way round.

Antony Moxey

I think the University of Exeter was being touted as a partner but when I asked how much they were putting up there was silence...
Why wouldn't there be? I'm not trying to be rude or funny here, but unless you are involved or your company is one of the sponsoring partners, why should anyone be obliged to give you any figures? Is it not good enough that the club has said it'll be of no cost to them? If not, then that must assume you think them to be lying and should that be the case then even if they do tell the truth what will convince you that they're not lying?

malcolms

Why wouldn't there be? I'm not trying to be rude or funny here, but unless you are involved or your company is one of the sponsoring partners, why should anyone be obliged to give you any figures? Is it not good enough that the club has said it'll be of no cost to them? If not, then that must assume you think them to be lying and should that be the case then even if they do tell the truth what will convince you that they're not lying?
As usual, you take an unnecessarily contrary view...There is enough concern over the costs involved for it to be a sensible business practice to reassure the people who own the club...In addition, wouldn't you think that if a sponsor was involved there would be a requirement for some publicity advertising the fact? As there doesn't seem to be, you have to assume there is an an absence of funding which completes the circle and brings us back to the question, if the clubs not paying, who is?

Last edited:

IndoMike

Isn't the point of sponsorship to gain some publicity value from it? It seems unusual that sponsors would not openly declare their sponsorship : why keep it a secret? Have you seen any companies gaining some publicity from sponsoring this trip?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wish I could be an emu like some on here.

Antony Moxey

As usual, you take an unnecessarily contrary view...There is enough concern over the costs involved for it to be a sensible business practice to reassure the people who own the club...In addition, wouldn't you think that if a sponsor was involved there would be a requirement for some publicity advertising the fact? As there doesn't seem to be, you have to assume there is an an absence of funding which completes the circle and brings us back to the question, if the clubs not paying, who is?
Oh right, a contrary view. Concern from who over costs? You and a handful of other posters on here? If you can point to massed ranks wanting to know then take up arms and march upon the suits demanding answers then. The club have said it'll be of no cost to the club - why does that not reassure you? If it doesn't then you must assume they're lying and if that's the case how will you ever believe them if they telly you the truth?

Antony Moxey

Isn't the point of sponsorship to gain some publicity value from it? It seems unusual that sponsors would not openly declare their sponsorship : why keep it a secret? Have you seen any companies gaining some publicity from sponsoring this trip?
Didn't some mystery benefactor donate a sizable chunk towards a plethora of desperate loan signings at the back end of the season before last? I don't remember any big fanfare announcements from either them or the club saying who it was or how much they'd donated.

malcolms

Oh right, a contrary view. Concern from who over costs? You and a handful of other posters on here? If you can point to massed ranks wanting to know then take up arms and march upon the suits demanding answers then. The club have said it'll be of no cost to the club - why does that not reassure you? If it doesn't then you must assume they're lying and if that's the case how will you ever believe them if they telly you the truth?
Do you believe it?

Antony Moxey

Do you believe it?
Is there any particular reason why I shouldn't?