• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Reid of the Jamie kind has really been given a proper run in the side and a couple of seasons back he looked like the real deal to me when scoring 2 goals away in the draw at AFC Wimbledon....
Torquay gave him a proper run in their side, he didn't pull any trees up, looks like he struggled with weeds.

Time to move on, he isn't up to it.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay gave him a proper run in their side, he didn't pull any trees up, looks like he struggled with weeds.

Time to move on, he isn't up to it.
Indeed. He played a number of games in 15/16 and looked average at best and as you say he didn't make much of a mark at Torquay. I'd hope that he will be loaned out somewhere as he's got no chance of getting into our front line

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would the TB do this? Tisdale is given a budget to spend as he sees fit.
Well quite. The whole point of employing a competent manager/head coach is to let him manage the squad.

IndoMike

Well quite. The whole point of employing a competent manager/head coach is to let him manage the squad.
So considering Reid has not even got a sniff of the first team yet apparently is on a long - term contract, are you saying that Tisdale is not competent?

Red Nose

Anyone able to offer an explanation as to why the Youth players offered their first pro contracts, don't appear to have signed them?

Swanaldo

Are you saying that Tisdale is not competent?
It doesn't matter what I think, I'm not paying his wages. The board obviously thinks he knows what he is doing, so they should let him get on with it.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
How exactly would this work?
Any organization with a turnover of circa £4m needs to ensure that it is run economically, efficiently and effectively ( “ the three Es.”). As owners, the Trust Board has a fiduciary relationship with its membership to ensure that these objectives are met and that the resources of the organization are applied to best effect. The scope of the external auditors is very limited and largely confined to reviewing the financial accounts. Internal audit is wider ranging, covering aspects such as value for money studies, ensuring that ‘internal check’ systems are in place and undertaking specific checks to verify that cash receipts are what they should be.

Businesses with a high cash turnover are prone to fraud. I’m not for a moment suggesting that fraud is present but any unaudited business lays itself open to it. The mere suggestion that some sort of audit is being carried often prevents potential frauds.

The Trust Board is best placed to control the audit function, particularly as some of that work would be directed towards the Club Board. This could be done at various levels, e.g. at a layman’s level directly by the Board, or using individual Trustees or volunteers with relevant experience, or by buying in professional time for a limited number of hours per month. This function should be independent of the Finance Board (which involves Club Board members). The Trust Board could perhaps set up an audit working group.

As well as controlling cash income it is imperative that an auditor ensures that expenditure is spent wisely. Therefore I see no reason why Tisdale can’t be called before the Trust Board at contract time to explain the rationale in issuing certain contracts which the majority of members would disagree with.

iscalad

Any organization with a turnover of circa £4m needs to ensure that it is run economically, efficiently and effectively ( “ the three Es.”). As owners, the Trust Board has a fiduciary relationship with its membership to ensure that these objectives are met and that the resources of the organization are applied to best effect. The scope of the external auditors is very limited and largely confined to reviewing the financial accounts. Internal audit is wider ranging, covering aspects such as value for money studies, ensuring that ‘internal check’ systems are in place and undertaking specific checks to verify that cash receipts are what they should be.

Businesses with a high cash turnover are prone to fraud. I’m not for a moment suggesting that fraud is present but any unaudited business lays itself open to it. The mere suggestion that some sort of audit is being carried often prevents potential frauds.

The Trust Board is best placed to control the audit function, particularly as some of that work would be directed towards the Club Board. This could be done at various levels, e.g. at a layman’s level directly by the Board, or using individual Trustees or volunteers with relevant experience, or by buying in professional time for a limited number of hours per month. This function should be independent of the Finance Board (which involves Club Board members). The Trust Board could perhaps set up an audit working group.

As well as controlling cash income it is imperative that an auditor ensures that expenditure is spent wisely. Therefore I see no reason why Tisdale can’t be called before the Trust Board at contract time to explain the rationale in issuing certain contracts which the majority of members would disagree with.
How do you know this?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you know this?
Who for example on here would give TAH another contract? Is his contract a pay as you play one? At present Trustees do not know. With Tisdale going to a Trust Board meeting, it would give Trustees the opportunity to pose questions like this.

elginCity

RW, as has already been stated, by more than one poster, what auditor/trustee is qualified to judge a footballer ?

The manager should be given a playing budget and a target, and judged on results.