• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

Benguin

Why would any league two footballer accept a pay as you play deal when they're out injured for most of the season? TAH wouldn't be able to survive on it. FFS, engage your brain before posting.
He hasn't accepted it has he.

Also, his Career is as good as over, he gets support and a chance to prove himself even if it means he gets virtually nothing until or if he regains fitness.

Who else is offering anything better!

But none of us know the details do we.

FFS engage your brain Einstein.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding Troy A H, people mention a pay as you play deal, can someone please tell me a football league player who is currently on such a deal ??

In this day and age do they even exist ?

I imagine he has been offered a normal contract, Tisdale does like to look after the injured after all.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The finger points at Tisdale, not Troy. This is a professional football club, not a pub team. It is Tisdale's job to do the best for ECFC, not to be the nice guy. We all feel sorry for Troy - he had so much potential and it's not his fault that he has so much bad luck with injuries. But Tisdale shouldn't play around with the club's finances. Clearly the club is offering a standard contract (not "pay as you play"). Tisdale : it's not your money! If it was your money you wouldn't bleddy offer Troy the contract!! Every season we are paying the salaries of 4-5 players who are either clearly not good enough and/or can't even make the bench. We need quality to get promoted, not any old dogsbodies to make up the numbers.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Tisdale once hand Tully a three year deal ??

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The finger points at Tisdale, not Troy. This is a professional football club, not a pub team. It is Tisdale's job to do the best for ECFC, not to be the nice guy. We all feel sorry for Troy - he had so much potential and it's not his fault that he has so much bad luck with injuries. But Tisdale shouldn't play around with the club's finances. Clearly the club is offering a standard contract (not "pay as you play"). Tisdale : it's not your money! If it was your money you wouldn't bleddy offer Troy the contract!! Every season we are paying the salaries of 4-5 players who are either clearly not good enough and/or can't even make the bench. We need quality to get promoted, not any old dogsbodies to make up the numbers.
Quite. Where is the audit function from the Trust Board? Has Tisdale ever been called before the Board to justify his retained lists? Trustees should ensure that the Club gets full value for money out of all contracts. Whilst Tisdale certainly has a very free hand in spending within an agreed budget never the less there should also be some laid down parameters that he has to work with. Carrying passengers is one area that should be seriously vetted by the Trust Board.

Number13

Far too much deadwood in that squad and the offering of TAH stands out but there are other with contracts who presumably got 2 years or longer in previous summers who just will never play enough games

So the poster who wants 6 signings is gonna be disapointed as the budget is filled up with Jay and TAH and Simpson and Hamon and Reid etc..............

LOG

Quite. Where is the audit function from the Trust Board? Has Tisdale ever been called before the Board to justify his retained lists? Trustees should ensure that the Club gets full value for money out of all contracts. Whilst Tisdale certainly has a very free hand in spending within an agreed budget never the less there should also be some laid down parameters that he has to work with. Carrying passengers is one area that should be seriously vetted by the Trust Board.
How exactly would this work?

iscalad

Why would the TB do this? Tisdale is given a budget to spend as he sees fit. What's changed in the last few years? How do the TB know who are passengers and who are superstars?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
How many starts will Troy need if he signs to make it look like it has paid off? Considering one written off season I would say 30. i hope I am wrong but I will be surprised if he makes half of that.

There once was a quote regarding getting £1.50 from every £1. I do think we could still have a good season but this seems like an unnecessary gamble.

Ashford Grecian

I don't think Reid of the Jamie kind has really been given a proper run in the side and a couple of seasons back he looked like the real deal to me when scoring 2 goals away in the draw at AFC Wimbledon....