• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

Ash

The fact that TAH has been "offered" a new deal is just proof, if it were needed, that PT is a stubborn person. He wants to keep him long enough so that he might be able at some stage to get 3 or 4 games in a row from him. This, in his mind, will justify the decision to offer him a contract in the first place. The reality is, and every one knows it, that this was a stupid decision and it matters not whether he's on "peanuts" or a sensible wage. The guy is not fit enough to be competitive and if he is, it will only be for a week or two before he breaks down again.
Agreed!

I feel for poor old Troy, but we can't be handing out contracts to players who we all know cannot make any kind of telling contribution on the pitch.

I knew already but I'm still baffled how Homer got a 2 year deal. He has the goalscoring record of an average full back despite playing right up top.

McCready and CRL were always on their way out.

So we need a right back, a left back, a centre back (to replace TAH, even if he's still here), a central midfielder with a bit of bite and power (maybe this will be Ampadu, if he stays), a forward (to replace Homer, even though he's still here), plus replacing anyone who leaves.

Let's hope we manage to complete the squad before the season starts this year, instead of leaving it until we're right in the ****.

Last edited:

chunkymorrinmunter

WHY has TAH been offered a new deal(facepalm) Biggest surprise is why hasn't he signed it!! no one else mad enough would offer him one.
Poor old Troy,he can hardly walk, strange one this.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I give up with Tisdale. What's the point in keeping Troy?
Because IF he ever does well for us, it will make Perryman look like a genius.

Benguin

On the face of it the TAH contract offer is perplexing.
However, if it is a pay as you play type offer then it makes more sense as a zero risk.

I think i read somewhere that this might be the case.

But then again who really knows!

edindevon

No mention of Ryan Swan?

ianaplincorners

No mention of Ryan Swan?
was mentioned elsewhere previously, apparently he's already gone

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although I am firmly of the opinion that TAH should have been dumped and should not have been re-signed in the first place I have been trying to make some sense of the situation. Maybe he has been wrapped up in cotton wool to preserve the remainder of his playing career and is now ready to resume. Perhaps he's going to be good solid cover at CB allowing Moore-Taylor to move to LB if required or even push for a starting place.

Maybe. Perhaps. Don't hold your breath.

Obviously he is being offered a minimal salary only to act as a back up in an injury crisis, which I expect is why he hasn't agreed to sign yet. I actually think that is smart management, not ludicrous at all.
There is the proof that certain posters will always back Tisdale no matter how absurd.

I love these kind of posts though. First to jump on someone who speculates on Tisdale's salary but happy enough to make up their own salaries to suit their own agenda.

As for the list then no great shocks.

DanceMagnet

On the face of it the TAH contract offer is perplexing.
However, if it is a pay as you play type offer then it makes more sense as a zero risk.

I think i read somewhere that this might be the case.

But then again who really knows!
Why would any league two footballer accept a pay as you play deal when they're out injured for most of the season? TAH wouldn't be able to survive on it. FFS, engage your brain before posting.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where's 007 when you need him to give Troy a bit of support ;)