• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Afghanistan

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't like criticising on the grounds of age alone but you have to think that the job in question needs a younger person.

Not sure his advisors are up to much. The Secretary of State Antony Blinken does not impress me.
Ah , Blinking Antony……

Grecian2K

Ah , Blinking Antony……
.....Lynton Blair, by any chance?
After all, it was he and George Dubya started it all.

Banksy

.....Lynton Blair, by any chance?
After all, it was he and George Dubya started it all.
More Damon Runyon.

Grecian2K

More Damon Runyon.
Mind you, Charles Hawtrey and Sid James didn't help a lot either.
What a (continuing) Carry On it's been, eh?

Oldsmobile-88

Sounds like ‘Pen’ Farthing & his animals from the sanctuary have made it out on a charter flight.

What a frigging embarrassing episode especially after so many died yesterday in the suicide bombing plus the many Afghan nationals who worked for the UK & are in danger,have been left behind.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find all this talk of the "end of the US" to be very odd. What is it you are expecting to happen? The US has survived plenty, it will survive Trump, Biden and Afghanistan and will remain the most powerful nation in the world until long after we're all gone.

tavyred

I find all this talk of the "end of the US" to be very odd. What is it you are expecting to happen? The US has survived plenty, it will survive Trump, Biden and Afghanistan and will remain the most powerful nation in the world until long after we're all gone.
The diminution of US economic power and influence won’t happen overnight but it’s well documented that this is ‘China’s Century’ and the West generally will lose its preeminence to the Far East.

Mr Jinx

Sounds like ‘Pen’ Farthing & his animals from the sanctuary have made it out on a charter flight.

What a frigging embarrassing episode especially after so many died yesterday in the suicide bombing plus the many Afghan nationals who worked for the UK & are in danger,have been left behind.
A hundred odd feral dogs make it out alive. Rejoice!

It always amazes me how some people put animals' lives above humans.

Reactions: DB9

tavyred

A hundred odd feral dogs make it out alive. Rejoice!

It always amazes me how some people put animals' lives above humans.
Whilst acknowledging his military service, Pen Farthing seems to be another of those characters who wilfully puts himself in troublesome hotspots around the world and when it goes pear-shaped, they seem to view the Foreign Office (and in this case the MOD as well) as being constantly at their personal beck and call.
When he announced that he would hold BJ, Wallace and Raab personally responsible for the welfare of his Mrs and a heavily pregnant employee if they got injured at Kabul Airport, he lost all my sympathy.
Over entitled prat! 😡

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I find myself in almost complete agreement with you both, for a change.

No issue with bringing the animals per se, but to do so risking the lives of soldiers whilst people that have helped and supported us there are left behind...